Premium Member
961 Posts
I am...

Though I bought it second hand.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. To date, I have been extremely disappointed with my interactions with Dave and PerformanceWerks and I am sincerely hoping that my experience is an anomoly.

In short, I ordered their tuner package - complete with the HP Tuner Pro and their custom tune. Very poor communication on their part and the order took 4-weeks to get here and I fear it would have taken much longer without repeated emails inquiring about status.

Finally I get the package but I am sent (via email) a mild tune and I am asked to install and "test" this tune first, and then they will send me the "real tune". So, something is already weird. I've purchased a dozen or more tunes for cars that I have and I've always received working, safe tunes. Anyway, so we install the first tune that we were emailed and the car runs and drives well. Boost pressures are now 17 psi if the OEM "gauge" can be trusted. I email Dave on Friday morning and ask him to send the tune file that I paid for.... this is why I had spend the $700+. Dave emails me back within an hour or so and says that he will email me the tune later in the afternoon. Sorry, but with my experience with Dave and PerformanceWerks thus far, I was pretty darn certain that this was just another promise that wouldn't be met. After all, there is either a tune file that you have that you can send out - or there's not. Sheesh, it's advertised on their F'n site and it ain't cheap! I mean, if you have it and you are taking the time to respond to an email, can't you hit the "attach" button and send it??? Anyway, unfortunately I was right and Dave did not send the tune file. I emailed him again Friday and once again on Saturday. Crickets.....

This has been the most unprofessional buying experience that I have had in a long, long time. At this point I would caution anyone thining to patronize PerformanceWerks to think twice about it before sending them any money. I regret dealing with them.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Cooltech,

I understand your frustration regarding the matter and apologize for the delays and confusion. I know very well how e-mail tunes can sometimes be a PITA due to firewalls, spam filters size restrictions on mailboxes, etc... I DID e-mail you the WERKS MOD tune file Friday afternoon around 5:30pm cst. We leave at 6:00pm cst and unfortunately I do not normally check my e-mail or voice messages after hours so I did not know until one of our customers alerted me to this thread this morning that you did not receive the modified file.

Just a little run down on why we send out a base map first, we want to make sure the 3 bar sensors are properly installed, no cels, no poor running conditions, no issues what so ever before we make a modified file and attempt to run the engine at higher loads. We then take that exact GM base file that we initially e-mail, save couple copies and make the new WERKS mod file. We do not just e-mail out a generic WERKS Mod file to everyone instead we create each file for each customer, a process that usually takes 15-30 minutes to do.

With this said I will head into the shop this afternoon around 2:00pm cst and re-send you the file once again in both standard format and a .zip file so it will hopefully get to you this time around.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, I have no email or file from you other than your response at 8:30am PST stating that you would send me the file that afternoon. In addition, I just checked my SPAM folder and there is also nothing there. I have no problems getting your regular email - nor did I have any problem to get the test tune.

Please try again.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Dave, I have no email or file from you other than your response at 8:30am PST stating that you would send me the file that afternoon. In addition, I just checked my SPAM folder and there is also nothing there. I have no problems getting your regular email - nor did I have any problem to get the test tune.

Please try again.
Just e-mailed over a .zip file and instructions.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In Dave's defense, I bought his custom tune to complete his EFR turbo kit. The HP tuner came right away and he started the tune process immediately. He had to send quite a few iderations of the tune to get to what we were both after. He had me do a data scan each time and send it for review before sending an update. A couple of times I had to wait a few days, but I realized I'm not his only customer, so I was happy when it came, and continued the work on my end. I have been most pleased with his products as well as the support he has given me.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Response on a Sunday!!

That's a good business in my book.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well I can say I have purchased several items from Dave. And I have yet to have a bad experience with WERKS.
Y'all got to understand a few things. I know we all place orders and want it the next day. But he is running a business and we on this forum are not his only customers. So give the guy a break. I mean you want him to send you an aggressive mod and trash your engine, then you would be really pissed. Just be happy we have vendors on this site that care enough to make all this cool stuff we get to throw on our cars.
Just my 2cents.:grouphug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts