Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn't stopped in for a while, but logged in and attempted to read some pages. Big circles are blocking the text, some translucent, some solid.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
have you attempted to use a different browser ? This occurred with someone else recently, and the problem was that particular operator or computer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you attempted to use a different browser ? This occurred with someone else recently, and the problem was that particular operator or computer.
No, I haven't. If this board isn't compatible with IE11 I guess it's (fill in the blank, or cover it with a circle☺)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Cataracts?
Couldn't read your answer due to a big gray circle
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(and I get "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console." sometimes when I hit Post Reply) Could be my laptop's water pump?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just opened the same page on my Android phone and there are no big giant circles, so I guess I can only visit when I feel like using my phone or changing my browser.:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
In case Microsoft Edge is not installed on you system try downloading it from here ...

Download Microsoft Edge Insider Channels

The beta runs extremely good.

I run canary on my private laptop (because I like to fiddle with my laptop) and beta on my work laptop (because it only came with IE11)

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
No, I haven't. If this board isn't compatible with IE11 I guess it's (fill in the blank, or cover it with a circle☺)
you need to check with another browser.

You could have a bad extension in your current browser that is causing the grief.
The test would determine that...
The fact that your cell phone works is supporting this case...

viruses happen... bad add-ons happen... this stuff is not the fault of the site...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thx all, I had already tried clearing the browser, cookies, and all the normal things including extensive scanning and it still comes down to this site is the only one that does it. I will look into the suggestions of the Microsoft whatever to see what it is and decide whether or not it's something I want to run. In the meantime I'm not blaming the website, I'm just saying that it seems to be coming up short compared to every other one I've visited in the last decade or three. 😏

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
I thought I was the only one having this problem. Will be watching responses closely. The G8 Forum which uses the same format has the same issues for me.

·
Administrator
505 Posts
This is a result of compatibility issues with the IE browser. Microsoft is ending support for their Internet Explorer browser this year. If you use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, it will work much better. And they are all free!
-Philip

·
Administrator
505 Posts
Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative? I think you will find a much nicer experience on the site from one of the alternative browsers available.

- Cricket

1 - 15 of 15 Posts