Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a complaint here but just wondering. I know all the,"they have to be sure everything is right thing and there is a hold on 2 tone interiors" but even with that I have a hard time understanding why a car with black interior would have to set for weeks in the lot and not even be shipped. What is the point of building more when you cant ship what you have? Shouldn't they consentrate manpower on getting out what they already have built? I say that because I don't think all these cars are waiting on a shortage of carriers. What do they have one guy checking these cars before they release them to carriers? The two tone hold up just dosen't justify it for me.

What are you thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Only thing I can think of is problems/issues creating "holds" other than we've heard through the grapevine

or

They are checking and double checking everything

or

Startup issues with the logicstics of moving cars out quickly

·
Registered
528 Posts
I do believe there was problem found on the cars and not fixed until later in the production run. This would explain why so many cars haven't be delivered yet. I was lucky enough to get my car built and then delivered 17 days later. I know once they go back and fix whatever problem there may be the cars will ship soon.

·
Registered
535 Posts
mceb said:
Only thing I can think of is problems/issues creating "holds" other than we've heard through the grapevine

or

They are checking and double checking everything

or

Startup issues with the logicstics of moving cars out quickly
I find it hard to believe they are having problems. I saw car #100 last night and it was fantastic. Fit was fine, paint looked great (NO peel), I was really impressed!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
CoolOne2006 said:
I find it hard to believe they are having problems. I saw car #100 last night and it was fantastic. Fit was fine, paint looked great (NO peel), I was really impressed!
Could be problems or other things too (don't know). If there are problems they might be only on certain options or models, the ones they release are the prefect ones :thumbs:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw car 18 it also looked great!!!!! felt just as good as it looked ;) ;)
I sure would like to know if my vin16 is being reworked or what is going on.
Please let us all know what is going on :grouphug: :grouphug:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
even with some problems I can't imagine weeks of setting.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I still think it all boils down to a lack of enough 2006 cars (all GM models) to fill car carriers. This should change shortly.

·
Registered
479 Posts
PAS22 said:
I still think it all boils down to a lack of enough 2006 cars (all GM models) to fill car carriers. This should change shortly.
:agree: My dealer has 2 EOPs', it makes sense, business sense, that they would wait for a truck load of 2006 they could put them with.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Not a complaint here but just wondering. I know all the,"they have to be sure everything is right thing and there is a hold on 2 tone interiors" but even with that I have a hard time understanding why a car with black interior would have to set for weeks in the lot and not even be shipped. What is the point of building more when you cant ship what you have? Shouldn't they consentrate manpower on getting out what they already have built? I say that because I don't think all these cars are waiting on a shortage of carriers. What do they have one guy checking these cars before they release them to carriers? The two tone hold up just dosen't justify it for me.

What are you thoughts?
At the rate they are shipping (maybe fixing) these first 1000, you guys are't gonna have the car much earlier then fm's and zz's and reg allocation.Maybe even the same truck. Thats a bummer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ateam_77 said:

What are you thoughts?
Because they can

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ESERIES3 said:
Because they can
Doing that just because they can isn't good business sense. I don't quite think that is the answer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ateam_77 said:
Doing that just because they can isn't good business sense. I don't quite think that is the answer.

When is the last time you saw GM do anything that was good business sense? Today? When they took a massive discount on 2006's that are not out on the lots yet? Any 3rd grade Kmart flunkie can tell you that wasn't the answer. Anything that makes sense won't happen at GM. So thats why they do things, cause they can. :devil:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
ateam_77 said:

What are you thoughts?
Two thoughts............first thought, I don't have problem with the long deliveries.........second thought, the Prozac is absolutely kicking in!

My thanks to whichever forum member suggested it in another thread. :yawn:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Marco said:
Two thoughts............first thought, I don't have problem with the long deliveries.........second thought, the Prozac is absolutely kicking in!

My thanks to whichever forum member suggested it in another thread. :yawn:
:glol:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Watch out for the prozac, diminishes sex drive. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts