Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been member of forum for a long time and am really looking forward to Solstice debut, but we just bought a used Audi TT instead. I thought I'd share my thought process and see if you can pick which was the key event.

Solstice: beautiful body, reminiscent of C-type
will have great handling and be lots of fun to drive
will attract attention wherever you go

Audi TT: beautiful body, if you like 356
lots of fun to drive
my wife really likes the TT

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Personally the Audi TT body designs aren't my favorite, but that's just me. Congrats on your new purchase, hopefully it keeps you and the wife happy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't really care for the TT looks but my biggest problem with it is you feel like you sitting inside a small tank when driving it.

·
4,592 Posts
Personal Preference is the key. My wife still says "the MSM is the only roadster out that she likes". That's three months into owning it.

Sounds like the TT served the same purpose for you and the wife, so congrads and enjoy!

I wonder if had the Sol been out if you would have bought the TT much like I wonder if the Sol was out if we'd be driving an MSM???

Question: do you consider the TT a possible hold-me-over as we do, or are you a TT owner never looking back.

Bottom line: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Congrats on your purchase of the TT. Should be a blast.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is it that your wife really likes the TT, or that you're afraid of the consequences if the Solstice attacts attention from the wrong person "wherever you go" and she finds out? :brentil:

I was advised before I got married that I could either be "right or happy."
That does come into play occasionally.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Something you didn't mention, who will be driving the TT most of the time? But it sounds like you like it too, so getting a car you both like can be very important, especially if it's to be "our" car and not "his" or "hers". But if you can swing it over to, "We bought the TT mainly because you liked it," that can be a valuable point in the future (like when the Turbo Solstice GT or Redline'd Sky comes out) :thumbs:

·
Registered
316 Posts
DreamerDave said:
Something you didn't mention, who will be driving the TT most of the time? But it sounds like you like it too, so getting a car you both like can be very important, especially if it's to be "our" car and not "his" or "hers". But if you can swing it over to, "We bought the TT mainly because you liked it," that can be a valuable point in the future (like when the Turbo Solstice GT or Redline'd Sky comes out) :thumbs:
:agree:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RODEO said:
I wonder if had the Sol been out if you would have bought the TT much like I wonder if the Sol was out if we'd be driving an MSM???

Question: do you consider the TT a possible hold-me-over as we do, or are you a TT owner never looking back.
We're really likin' the TT. And your MSM looks like a gas, Rodeo.
We'll keep the TT long as it's reliable.

We were babysitting a friend's '65 Cobra replica for a few months - with driving privileges. TT (and Solstice) is complete opposite of the Cobra. They're both fun cars - it's great drivin' with a smile on your face! - Kit

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. TT's are very nice roadsters! I am sure you will enjoy it!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Kit Carson said:
We're really likin' the TT. And your MSM looks like a gas, Rodeo.
We'll keep the TT long as it's reliable.

We were babysitting a friend's '65 Cobra replica for a few months - with driving privileges. TT (and Solstice) is complete opposite of the Cobra. They're both fun cars - it's great drivin' with a smile on your face! - Kit

Wish there were a "green with envy" emoticon. I'd love someone to leave me their Cobra replica for a few months. Before I found out about the Solstice, I was STRONGLY considering building a Factory Five Racing kit. I was torn between the Daytona Coupe and the streetable 65 MkIII roadster (they can't use the words 'Shelby' or 'Cobra.') I'm not a Ford guy, so I would have begrudgingly used Mustang underpinnings... but the good thing about that is there is an unbelieveable aftermarket for that running gear.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My condolences :( .

Oh well, we all have to make concessions in life, I had to really talk my girlfriend into letting me get this roadster in a year. She says it isn't practical, but I had to argue hard that it'll never be practical again until I'm in my 50's balding, and too afraid to take a car on an autocross course. I wanted to enjoy a car while I'm young, and I can always get another cheap 4 door in the future should we ever have kids. She also liked the Sky more, but I like the curves over the edges.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you'll both have fun, but I can't help but think you guys will change your mind when you actually see Solstices on the street. Hot looks, no contest, Solstice wins.

·
Registered
86 Posts
:leaving:
Kit Carson said:
I've been member of forum for a long time and am really looking forward to Solstice debut, but we just bought a used Audi TT instead. I thought I'd share my thought process and see if you can pick which was the key event.

lots of fun to drive

How tall are you? I'm 6 ft. and had to turn into a pretzel just to get out of it. I hope the Sol isn't the same way. If it is I won't be a buyer. :leaving:

·
5,600 Posts
Congratulations. I'm sure the Audi will be a very good car. You can always add a 2010 Solstice. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Kit Carson said:

lots of fun to drive
OK - and.............. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Solstick said:
Is it that your wife really likes the TT, or that you're afraid of the consequences if the Solstice attacts attention from the wrong person "wherever you go" and she finds out? :brentil:

I was advised before I got married that I could either be "right or happy."
That does come into play occasionally.
There's not any car that's good enough to work as a chick-magnet for me. :lol:

But in case of TT, I was both "right AND happy". ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cobra

2KWK4U said:
Wish there were a "green with envy" emoticon. I'd love someone to leave me their Cobra replica for a few months.
I had "Cobra" fever after talking to Cobra club at rest stop on run on Hwy 1 on vacation in Calif this summer.

Then walking in neighborhood this summer, I saw just part of rear fender in a garage. Recognizing the outline, I rang doorbell and met person who was babysitting it for someone recovering from surgery. He needed his garage back, so after some dual checkout with the owner, I was babysitter for 6 months.

Cobra was a gas and attracted a lot of attention, but I know that will be the same for all you new Solstice drivers out there! - Kit

1 - 20 of 24 Posts