Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why cars are on hold in bayed for over three weeks. My dealer tried to find out from GM with no luck for the past week. Cars are being delivered all over the country (that were biult after mine) and I live 7 hrs from the plant. Mass. One car was delivered into Maine which was biult after mine.

There seems to be a batch of them biult with mine just sitting there.

Is this a quality hold and if so what is it. :brentil:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
good question... i was told it was quality problems with the top... but cars slightly higher in terms of VIN #'s (like 40-50 built after mine) are being delievered. It cant be quality problems.

Weather issues? lol i dunno

·
Registered
218 Posts
kenf said:
Does anyone know why cars are on hold in bayed for over three weeks. My dealer tried to find out from GM with no luck for the past week. Cars are being delivered all over the country (that were biult after mine) and I live 7 hrs from the plant. Mass. One car was delivered into Maine which was biult after mine.

I haven't been able to find out either. It's frustrating when you see 1135, 1145,1178 and others delivered to the same area and 1146 and 1162 sit for weeks.

I can only hope that after that much quality control time, they send us some bug-free Sols.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dylan01 said:
good question... i was told it was quality problems with the top... but cars slightly higher in terms of VIN #'s (like 40-50 built after mine) are being delievered. It cant be quality problems.

Weather issues? lol i dunno
Ya, 1145 was delivered to Maine and my 1146 is still sitting there with yours and the other between us.

·
Registered
819 Posts
hyzer said:
I haven't been able to find out either. It's frustrating when you see 1135, 1145,1178 and others delivered to the same area and 1146 and 1162 sit for weeks.

I can only hope that after that much quality control time, they send us some bug-free Sols.
I totally agree, hyzer. Waiting for holds is a hassle, but having a car delivered that has trouble would be more of a hassle for me. I want my car delivered in the quality that I know GM is capable of.

·
Registered
35 Posts

#1765 was delivered to north Florida on Oct. 18, 05. I know the waiting gets very old after awhile but the wait will be worth it. The Solstice is a great car for the money. Yes, GM's distribution system is very, very strange. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
kenf said:
Ya, 1145 was delivered to Maine and my 1146 is still sitting there with yours and the other between us.
I've been trying to firure it out, but can't. But I think it's BS. It makes NO sence. 1146 was being made At the same time as 1145. I think it's just a shipping problem, not enough carriers.

If I were you guys I would be really pi**ed!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
David Cody said:
#1765 was delivered to north Florida on Oct. 18, 05. I know the waiting gets very old after awhile but the wait will be worth it. The Solstice is a great car for the money. Yes, GM's distribution system is very, very strange. :)
Where are you guys getting these VIN#s from??

Do you mean Vin 101765??? or 001765?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
I totally agree, hyzer. Waiting for holds is a hassle, but having a car delivered that has trouble would be more of a hassle for me. I want my car delivered in the quality that I know GM is capable of.
Your car isn't going to be any better then mine.

·
Registered
819 Posts
deluke said:
:agree: totally!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
deluke said:
Why are you saying things in a way that will only flare peoples emotions against GM and the car?

I for one am 101744 and am on hold, but I know that 101741 has been delivered. It doesn't really seam like there is any reason to it.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SolsticeDesire said:
Why are you saying things in a way that will only flare peoples emotions against GM and the car?

I for one am 101744 and am on hold, but I know that 101741 has been delivered. It doesn't really seam like there is any reason to it.

I'm not Pi$$&%. I'm just dissipointed with not getting any info through the proper GM channels.
\
The weather is fading fast up here in the North :willy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Answer for SlipSlider

SlipSlider, 101765 is the correct number. I just followed the practice of other forum members and only used the last four digets. Sorry if I caused you any confusion. I can understand that once the last four digets get to 9999 and roll over that in useing only the last four it would cause all kinds of confusion.. Believe me at my age I am confused enough already I do not need any help getting to that state of mind I am there most of the time. :willy:

·
Registered
165 Posts
kenf said:

I talked to my dealer tonite and he said there is a problem with the roofs leaking and there is a hold on all cars until the problem is fixed. Just ordered my car tonight, was told if I'm lucky I may have it by summer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Top Issue.......

Seems like the top issue is the hold-up. Rain getting inside certain areas of the car. Seal issue........ :yawn:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hopefully my car doesn't fall into the leaky roof category!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
They should just ship them all to Arizona. No rain leaks here. I think it requires rain. ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I'm 1145 and got mine October 6th. My status was also Bayed.

I gave up on getting the car, and then BAM, I got a call the next morning it was here in Maine.

Could it be that they sent a truckload to Maine ASAP, as it turns winter here any day now? Mitch :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SolsticeDesire said:

I'm not trying to flare emotions against GM. The car is beautiful,I love mine. But GM's shipping STINKS! I have been PMing back and forth with these guy's, and I really feel bad for them, something has to be done.

And you posted my quote of "yours isn't going to be better than mine" it's the truth, there are going to be minor issues with almost every first year model, a little tweak here and a little tweak there. Ya I have 2 small leaks, the dealer will take care of it. Some cars that are at the plant are covered with bags, ya those should be held back for leaks. The biggest problem is GM"s shipping procedure I think it stinks in my opinion.And I'll bet most of the guy's whose car is on hold for so long will get them and good chance it will still have a minor leak somewhere that the dealer will have to fix.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
kenf said:
I'm not Pi$$&%. I'm just dissipointed with not getting any info through the proper GM channels.
\
The weather is fading fast up here in the North :willy:
:agree: :agree:

I fell really bad for you guys and you get no answeres, thats the part that's the worst.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts