Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman called me 8/26 says congrats you are built here's your VIN# 465 Sly ,all except A/C and smokers/XM ,should be here within a month at the latest. Wow! I'm in Solstice heaven. Get $ in order, sell my 2 old but game Fiat Spiders,and get ready for delivery! Next day Pontiac calls with the same great news. I happened to drive by the dealer last Friday and there is my Sol out front, or so I thought. Turns out to be # 452 same color , everything,but that's OK it was too soon for mine anyway. Seeing the car, and another Mysterious being prepped was awesome. Like everyone has posted- unimaginably more beautiful in person. My salesman and I had a good laugh about me and my Solstice enthusiasm. Today I called to see if it had been shipped and/or had an arrival date and he says "I don't think yours has been built yet" I tell him he called me himself with the VIN # 3 weeks ago. He didn't remember. He goes to check things online (which I could never get him to try, ever) and comes back and says "Oh yeah, could be here tomorrow, never know" I hope he has the sense to call me the minute it's in, but I have no confidence. Might have to set up a camera on his entrance and check myself.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Well you are the mobboss you should have ways of making him talk.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
A Dealer (not a rocket scientist....)

mobboss said:
Today I called to see if it had been shipped and/or had an arrival date and he says "I don't think yours has been built yet" I tell him he called me himself with the VIN # 3 weeks ago. He didn't remember. He goes to check things online (which I could never get him to try, ever) and comes back and says "Oh yeah, could be here tomorrow, never know" I hope he has the sense to call me the minute it's in, but I have no confidence. Might have to set up a camera on his entrance and check myself.
Beware of a Salesman that doesn't have a business card with his name on it. Most of these salesmen are a Dime a Dozen! Scum of Scum, Garbage, Trash, Worthless. Did I mention Idiots! Most dealerships hire salesmen like McDonalds produces hamburgers, "Billions at a Time".
:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the funny thing is that this salesman is part of a totally new crew put in place in early August. One day I called the dealership and asked for my original salesman(actually the dealership General Manager) and was told he was o longer employed there. Overnight they had replaced everyone in the front of the house; not a single salesman/woman remained. Even the receptionist was canned. I never did ask why.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know who posted #452 as being forsale/in UK but it was in Southampton, NY as of Wednesday, being prepped.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
mobboss said:
I don't know who posted #452 as being forsale/in UK but it was in Southampton, NY as of Wednesday, being prepped.
I believe that Frosty is our lone UK Sol guy. :confused:

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Stopped at my dealer last nigth to pick up my copy of the new brochure. My new sales person who was assigned to me after my first one left was not there but Dolly had the info. Was talking to her and boy do they know NOTHING> had no idea what a VOM or VIN was. Talked about all the cars that were to be coming soon but I was orginaly told they were only allouted 2 for the first allocation. I am supposedly #1 of the 2. We talked a while more but she knew nothing. Why are the sales people so in the dark when it comes to the Sol????

·
Registered
504 Posts
My personal experience with salespeople is what their name implies-- sales.All they know for a fact about the car,they are selling,is the price the salesmanager wants for the car.Any thing else is what they learn from the buyer,usually better informed,or the brochure any fool can read.My salestwit had to be informed by me the mudflaps are not the standard,one size fits all,you need the ones made for the Solstice.Much more I have informed him about than just that.They have time on their hands,not like they are tied to an assembly job,why don't they get their head out of their_ _ _,and do some constructive research on what they sell? :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Saw my first Solstice due to this thread. Mobboss said that there was a couple cars out at the Southampton dealer, so I took a drive and what did I find... A Sly sol sitting in the garage. Too bad the dealer was already closed. I would have really liked to take a closer look. I was worth the 1 hour drive though. Ended up going out there and having dinner, so it made a night out of it.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Easy now, or the Mods will have to get out the Life Boy...

ntouched said:
Beware of a Salesman that doesn't have a business card with his name on it. Most of these salesmen are a Dime a Dozen! Scum of Scum, Garbage, Trash, Worthless. Did I mention Idiots! Most dealerships hire salesmen like McDonalds produces hamburgers, "Billions at a Time".
:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
Go easy there, this is either right on the edge of or more probably over the line of the forum rules. We want to keep this forum clean. Please don't use insults like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts