Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the group, why did all the magazine covers featuring the Solstice on the front choose red? Is there any logic behind this? If it was up to you guys what color would you pick? I'm gonna kick it off by voting for Deep.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Red, turns heads!

A true middle age crisis Roadster is usually red. :cool: Mitch

Just take a brown vette, and place it near a red one. The red one would get alot more attention. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
My guess is that is photographed best.

Sly blends in with the pavement. Cool and Pure are not exciting colors to the photo crowd. Mysterious, Deep, and Envious all look black in most shots. If it had been more overcast of a day you might have seen some other color, but on a bright sunny day, the bright red contrasted the best with the trees, sky and the roads.

I would have liked to seen another color too, but they still haven't done the full reviews yet. I would think a winter/early spring review would beg for a darker color. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Wondered the same thing in another post

To quote from my daughter's favourite childhood book.

"Red is Best"

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Maybe their doing a favor for the State Troopers and other law enforcement agencies by supplying some bulletin board copies. :leaving:

·
Registered
976 Posts
With all of us being so worried about a Solstice on the road before our first 1000 exclusive cars, I wonder why no one has thought of this. Do you think it is a possibility that all the Magazines had to road test the SAME car? Most publishings don't use stock photo's , so they would have been stuck using only pictures that they took of their test car. I bet the only test car, or test cars, were red. Make sense?

·
5,600 Posts
It gets your attention so it sells more magazines. We already know about the Solstice. Many people don't. They see a silver or black sports car on the magazine cover and may assume it is a new Porsche and figure they can't afford it anyway. They see a red car and they may look close enough to see "Pontiac" and that may jsut catch their attention.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Red is associated as a sports car color. It also really stands out. Therefore, it makes sense to put a red one on the cover.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Red is associated as a sports car color. It also really stands out. Therefore, it makes sense to put a red one on the cover.
:agree:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Actually saw the cars (about 6 of them) here in Portland and they had a mix of colors. Only one red as I recall. Also recognize the background areas that the photos were taken, up in the Columbia Gorge area.
I think it was all just the photographers color choice. I did speak with on of the GM reps here in Portland and he said that most of the mules are painted black, or very dark colors because they are hardest to photograph clearly...stealth :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
MITCH said:
Red, turns heads!

Just take a brown vette, and place it near a red one. The red one would get alot more attention. :yesnod:
It would be interesting to mix the "How Old are You" and "What Color" polls, because I think you're exactly correct, Mitch. We middle-agers aren't worried about tickets.....but are worried about being noticed like we were when we were younger. Red cars look great with white and silver hair!

·
Registered
819 Posts
idahobob said:
It would be interesting to mix the "How Old are You" and "What Color" polls, because I think you're exactly correct, Mitch. We middle-agers aren't worried about tickets.....but are worried about being noticed like we were when we were younger. Red cars look great with white and silver hair!

Hey!!! I resemble that remark! :yesnod: ;)

·
4,592 Posts
Does this help?

·
4,592 Posts
Editguy said:
Not at all. I don't see anything worth looking at! :D
Now that hurts :jester:

What you all fail to realize is, I'm driving a roadster now, there are no Sols available to buy. And a Sol GXP is even further down the road. What would you have me do, ride my bike until then :lol: (actually, I ride my bike more miles per month than drive).

The Titanium Grey is a hold-me-over for a Sol (should the Sol not be too flawed). At $18K, I won't complain about an MSM!

And when I see a base Sol in the Velocity Red MSM, I'll only see it in my rearview mirror, that's for sure........ :devil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
MITCH said:
Red, turns heads!

The only time I have seen a Solstice other than photos was red. WOW for the entire 2 seconds I saw it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Red is the perfect color, for women to drive.

(They should have chose gray or black.) I assume Pontiac had some push. Halo cars are intended to bring attention to the brand rather than be sales leaders. Red is the head turner, that makes it look exactly like a Miata.

"Yes maam, automatics should be available next year. Could I interest you in a G6 while you wait??" :yawn:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts