Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Man I am truly sorry for yall. Down here its a nice crisp 70. Not even a cool wind to make you want a jacket.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
g0t_w00t said:
Man I am truly sorry for yall. Down here its a nice crisp 70. Not even a cool wind to make you want a jacket.
You are very LUCKY!

The older yous get livin' here in Maine the more you want Summer to come early. Mitch :yesnod:

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
I Used to store my cars in the winter...now I take 'em out on nice days. Some think thier Sol wil never see a snow flake but as I understand it the ones trapped in the parking lots on quality holds had a couple of inches on them this last week! I won't let that happen when I get mine!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
We got our first snow here in Mass. also yesterday. My Sol. will only come out to play when the Salt is washed off of the roads.

Heres praying for an Indian Summer!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kenf said:
We got our first snow here in Mass. also yesterday. My Sol. will only come out to play when the Salt is washed off of the roads.

A Convertible toy should be played with only when the roads are perfect!

Ken! your 1146? I'm 1145. What color and options did you get?

Mitch

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
kenf said:

:agree: :agree:
I left my house this morning Roads dry
Drive 10 miles north Roads covered in snow.
Turned around went back home and got my truck. If I new snow was on ground ,Would not have taken my Solstice to work.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
MITCH said:
A Convertible toy should be played with only when the roads are perfect!

Ken! your 1146? I'm 1145. What color and options did you get?

Mitch
Sly, cloth, 6 CD monsoon, Power everything, Limited Slip possi, AC,No ABS, and No smokers.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
:agree: :agree:
I left my house this morning Roads dry
Drive 10 miles north Roads covered in snow.
Turned around went back home and got my truck. If I new snow was on ground ,Would not have taken my Solstice to work.

Got to what those weather reports Andrew :) :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
?

What's a Snowplow? ;)
Just kidding, we get snow every ten years or so up on top of MT. Haleakala. When that happens we have traffic jams caused by all the parents taking junior up the mountain to see what snow feels like. :cool:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I posted salt on the road delivery back awhile ago looks like i jinx myself. Mine looks like a pre xmas delivery. Mean while i am havimg to move my boat out side so the sol can move in. If the sol comes in and the roads are terrible i just might have to flatbed her home.I will try to get some heat in my garage. BURR ITS FREEZING COLD OUTSIDE. :(

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Mitch,
Where do you live in Maine, I was stationed at Brunswick for 3 long winters ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Critterman said:
Mitch,
Where do you live in Maine, I was stationed at Brunswick for 3 long winters ;)
Just north of South Berwick, and a mile or two west of East Bumfuk!
And it's true you cant get there from here. :devil:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
That's almost NH right?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Whats the difference guys?! I mean being only 23 and having one car so far, the sol will be my daily driver meaning it will see some snow here in Iowa. Now if it was a ferrari or collector car, I see the what you mean. Don't get me wrong I think of the sol as a collector but I guess those with the funds have the sol as a toy right?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
SmokinSolstice said:
Whats the difference guys?! I mean being only 23 and having one car so far, the sol will be my daily driver meaning it will see some snow here in Iowa. Now if it was a ferrari or collector car, I see the what you mean. Don't get me wrong I think of the sol as a collector but I guess those with the funds have the sol as a toy right?
Yup a toy.

When replacing my motorcycle, after I was clobbered by a Car, I chose a Car to take it's place. (more crush space before the car hits your body)

A Harley, I Looked at was the same $$$ as the Sol.

At my age, I don't ever want to think about being struck from behind at a stop sign and being plowed along the pavement 50 feet, By an 81 year old lady in a FORD again!

So yes, Put the bike up every winter, the same with the Solstice. Mitch

·
Registered
504 Posts
Getting back to the subject at hand,I live in the armpit of NY (western NY)
The winters are white(many inches,sometimes feet, white) and cold.LITHA needs her hibernation,she by her nature refuses the winter(salt,a-hole drivers,pot holes,ice,snowdrifts,etc....).I have a truck that is a winter beast and loves to play in the snow. :cool:

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Satch, If you don't put your sol in a garage you won't find it until the snow melts. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts