Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pontiac is doing a great job with this car. I am a 35 year-old male and I've never fallen in love with a car... until now. I'd say that I am a good example of the success Pontiac can expect with this car. They got me to go to the dealer, to sign up for information, and to actually spend time and post on a car forum, of all things.

That said... as much as I really, really want to.... I probably will not buy a first year Solstice. :cryin: My current car works well and I do not want to go into debt for a car - even a beautiful car like the Solstice.

It will take me a while to save up enough cash for my Solstice. Any opinions on how I can console myself with a 2nd or 3rd year release?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I would have bought a Solstice if it was available a week ago, when I needed a new car. Instead I leased a Pontiac G6. When my lease is up, I'm sure Solstice's will be plentiful. If I still want one, I'll get one.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Swapalease.com

You can easily go to swapalease.com or leasetrader.com to get out of your lease early so that you can enjoy a Solstice sooner than later.

FYI...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Next year you can probably get more colors, more options and the higher powered engine if you are so inclined ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
A 2nd or 3rd year release will be better built than a 1st year. Generally, that's the case. Later years almost always have improvements.

The 2004 Honduh S2000 had a lowered red-line from the previous years, but it's a more driveable car on the street with more torque produced sooner. There's also additional gusseting in the frame that makes it an even stiffer car today.

Many early year C5 Corvettes had oil consumption problems. Actually, I think this issued continued for almost a half-decade before it was fixed in later years.

Honestly, ask any car enthusiast, and they'll tell you straight up, the first year of any marque from any manufacturer is not the best year. There's always some sweet spot in any car generation when the car really gets sweet.

Like, when the Camaro's got the Corvette LS1 engine a few years into the 4th gen. The LT1 was great, but hot-damn, an LS1 is greater.

And check out the Chevy SSR and Pontiac's own GTO. A couple years pass, then BAM! Corvette LS2 engine, standard!

Save up, wait for it, it'll be worth it. Honestly, the Solstice's got such a classy design, I don't think it'll grow tiresome on the eyes. Who cares if you're not the first to get one? They'll make more. And yours will be better.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
hurricanej said:
It will take me a while to save up enough cash for my Solstice. Any opinions on how I can console myself with a 2nd or 3rd year release?
I owned two Fiat X19's a very realese version and a later improved version. Before I hear anyone out there laughing... Thet were BOTH excellent cars with VERY MINOR issues! I loved the first one and raced it a lot! I was class champion many times until they released the newer version. As I recall it went from 96 HP to a whopping 128HP!! Whoo hoo! It was so light it handled and drove like a dream! I got to race the later on on a banked oval and got up to 98MPH in 1/2 a lap! And again captured 1sts consistently.

Why do I ramble on about this? Well hurricane, the second one was better and well worth it, so waiting does have its advantages. BUT, I enjoyed my first one tremendously and was slightly hesitant to trade it for the second. If I could not have bought the first one I would have been thrilled to have waited for the second.

I felt the most sorry for people who bought the last of the early model without knowing the improved one was coming! They got ripped!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts