Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
3rd oil path to cylinders

A 3rd way oil vapor can get into the 4 engine cylinders is thru the PCV valve that is located and out of site in the intake MANIFOLD. The PCV sucks oil vapor out of the engine and sends it thru the intake MANIFOLD, by the intake valves and directly to the 4 engine cylinders. This occurs when the intake MANIFOLD is under a high vacumn condition such as idleing or light steady throttle. When the intake is under a pressure or low vacumn condition like when you mash the acellerator and your turbo starts creating boost the PCV closes. This is my story and I'm sticking to it. Jerry :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys.

Though I am a Sky Driver and do not a solstice, I need to wake this thread up. ;)

I ordered a used valve cover to build my own pcv with an occ.
But I think there is a vital part missing...

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

This "90degree-tube" that connects the Hose in Line A (regarding to post #1 page1) to the valve cover...

THIS THING(OLD ONE):

Seems to be missing(NEW ONE):

Is it possible to replace this tube?! :(

Yours, Napi.

P.S.: I may be dumb as h#@?, but I wasn't able to find the "introduce yourself"-thread... Where is it?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh.
I Made some mistakes in the post before. I'll try again and fix the images...
Hey Guys.

Though I am a Sky Driver and do not a solstice, I need to wake this thread up. ;)

I ordered a used valve cover to build my own pcv with an occ.
But I think there is a vital part missing...

NEW ONE:

OLD ONE:

This "90degree-tube" that connects the Hose in Line A (regarding to post #1 page1) to the valve cover...

THIS THING(OLD ONE):

Seems to be missing(NEW ONE):

Is it possible to replace this tube with a stock one or do I have to weld on an aftermarket piece there?!

Please don't wonder about the straight connector at the front of the cover. It was removed by purpose. ;)

Yours, Napi.

P.S.: I may be dumb as h#@?, but I wasn't able to find the "introduce yourself"-thread... Where is it?![/QUOTE]

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you ever have the same problem: here is my working solution.

Buy a dash06-weld on-adapter.
Have someone weld it on the hole.
Buy a 90degree dash06 rubber hose fitting.
Remove the OEM-hose to the valve on the charge tube.
Replace it with a 3/8inch heat resistant rubber hose.

Done.

:)

BUT, of course there is another problem...

Inside of the valve cover(red circle) seems to be a vacuum-valve...
How do I remove it???
Simply drill in it?!
Or is there any way to removed it in one piece?!

Yours,
Napi.

·
Registered
4 Posts
And again:
My solution.
"nothing"
There was a small metal flake blocking the hole.
Cleaned it, drilled a bigger diameter, and now the part is at the metal workshop to be finished.
As soon as it returns from powder-coating, I am going to post pics.

Yours,
Napi.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you ever have the same problem: here is my working solution.

Buy a dash06-weld on-adapter.
Have someone weld it on the hole.
Buy a 90degree dash06 rubber hose fitting.
Remove the OEM-hose to the valve on the charge tube.
Replace it with a 3/8inch heat resistant rubber hose.
I've read some of threads and have not come across this detail, yet, so I want to confirm what I'm doing before I buy parts. I have an standalone OCC with no hoses and, of course, the stock braided hose needs to be be replaced with two longer ones to get the OCC inline. Question: are the stock hoses AN -6 with AN fittings for the current attachments? I will be under the hood to take a look this weekend but I'm prob not experienced enough to confirm the type on my own. Would like input from anyone who has made their own hoses without resorting to clamps. Thanks

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There are NO AN- fittings. The attachment points are all either GM custom parts (turbo, air intake) or oil line fittings (valve cover).

What OCC did you get and what line do you propose to put it in?

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are NO AN- fittings. The attachment points are all either GM custom parts (turbo, air intake) or oil line fittings (valve cover).

What OCC did you get and what line do you propose to put it in?
Thanks, TS. I have PrimeCooling's T6061, one that essentially comes with a length of garden hose. I'm inserting into the valve cover output line (option 2), and I've mounted the OCC on the bracket immediately beside the fuse box, so there's distance to cover. I am looking to replace with braided line and fittings that will work with the valve cover and turbo ports as neatly as possible. I can manage the OCC connections; it's the factory ones... :grin:

·
Registered
15 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts