Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Lol. I don't want to modify the rear fenders. The red solstice didn't look too bad. Is that stock ride height? What rims are those and what offsets, bolt pattern etc.?

And what bad boy tires fit on those things?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I'd like to see that car at the end of a cruising season chips galore as for the tires they are obviously some type of a race slick maybe a Hoosier ?

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Lol. I don't want to modify the rear fenders. The red solstice didn't look too bad. Is that stock ride height? What rims are those and what offsets, bolt pattern etc.?

And what bad boy tires fit on those things?
Forgestar f14's with 50mm offset in the front and 50mm offset + 1" spacer in the back, 315/30/18 tires, ride height is lowered 1".

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Chop - That looks awewsome!!! I can't wait to see it!

I do have a question for all of you...how are you dealing with the "weak" rear end? I mean, if you're going to a wider tire, that means it's stickier. If it's stickier and you have more power, the rear end becomes the weakest link....just curious if anyone thought of that?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
The converted cars are putting down over 450 at the wheels and holding up fine. I read about one axle failure in a high HP car.

The syncros go in the stock transmission when you get over 400 though.

I have constant contact conti's which hook up pretty well and have no issues going fast or quickly. Within reason.:devil:

·
Registered
750 Posts
I broke an axel the first week I had the car back after my conversion. But I did a speed shift and the axel had a ton of hard launches and races on it. Replaced with a $100 aftermarket with lifetime warranty. Took me like 30 min to replace.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anybody done 18X9 with 275/40 all around? Does anybody have any pictures? This is the setup I am thinking about, just not sure what offset I want.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks, looks great shabby. I am defiantly gonna go with that setup.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can't see syncros going from power. They would go from bad shifting. Either way. What was the power you guys made when you broke an axle and broke the transmission and drive shaft bolts. What was your setup at the time? Big turbo? V8 swap? Power level?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Has anybody done 18X9 with 275/40 all around? Does anybody have any pictures? This is the setup I am thinking about, just not sure what offset I want.
I'm running 255/45 18's on all 4 corners with a 1/4" spacer on the OE rims and I'm not getting any rubbing. Granted, mine aren't as wide, and I'm a little less in height than the 275's, but you should be fine if you run a spacer and don't forget to get longer lugs.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
616 Posts
how can i post a picture??
On this forum, though I don't know why, the picture has to have it's own URL, then it's just a matter of clicking the little box in the header
and typing the picture's URL. On the brother site Skyroadster.com, you can attach pictures to your post, here, NOPE!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts