Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Widebody Vert Vid

13K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 · (Edited)
I ran across this last night, and even though the vid is a year old it's the first time I've seen it. Unfortunately, the car has it's doors open making it difficult to see the widebody wheel flares (Stopping the vid helps). Also, there is a noticeable gap where the rear fascia meets the rear fender. Also looks to have Norms Fiberglass bumper & side skirts, Aftershock rear spoiler, and a custom interior, though I can't tell if the dash is paint or has been covered in matching seat material, and the paint looks like a combo of blue and purple.

#2 ·
That's gorgeous, but those wheels gotta go. I can just see them throwing sparks in a hard turn.

Is that Norm's 430 bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The_Ghost
#4 ·
The wheels and tires certainly capture the Tinker Toy look I assume the owner was going for.....:rolleyes:

Interior colour and the body colour work pretty well together!

#6 · (Edited)
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/batmobile-06-pontiac-solstice/6467654852.html
2006 Pontiac Solstice GXP Turbo with a widebody kit, custom rims, Carbon Fiber interior looks amazing! Tinted windows. Top is great, interior is great too! 110k miles, Runs great! Sounds even better! Very fast and a ton of fun to drive! $8,500 Costa Mesa, CA

ChopTop comments; I'm not sure if these were custom made or converted from another car. These look much larger than the ones Norms makes. Also, the rear tires look awful narrow considering that these flares look to be at least four inches wide. And have no idea what the pink markings are doing on the flares.

Carbon fiber dipped?

#8 ·
It could also be a photo shop and not the real thing.

#9 · (Edited)

Attachments

#13 ·
That was my car Wow!!!!!! been looking for post of my old bat mobile car, signed up to the forum just to comment on this.... Im the original owner of the the Black pontiac, its acutally 2007 model, gxp.....all custom the fenders, the rear wide body, it has spacers of 2inches, was going to get custom wheels but just went for it without it , im surprised they removed the carbon fiber spoiler it was worth 1k alone..Had halo lights one of a kind custom lights... it had a custom tune, 435HP, cold air intake, titanium downpipe all the way to the back, interior was custom made ......
The guy that actually made all this custom work use to work at a carbon fiber factory, he learned the formula the technique and had everything done for me .... he still has his shop here in Los Angeles, CA let me know he does great work for cheap price..... although he is now busy because all the work he does for a great price it worth it
Reason i got the car was because of transformers ever since then i had to get it.... i let it go for an Alfa Romeo 4c, had to let that go now i own now a mclaren 720s... times change :'( how it all started it with being like work hard to buy that pontiac to where i am today should have kept it though it all started with that car
Do you all want to know how much i sold it for ?

#18 ·
#19 ·
The owner in Lithuania just posted about the wide body Sol again (8/28/2021). He said he bought two of them and plans on using one of them for parts in order to get one running. He's looking for front fender liners.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.