Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am seriously thinking of getting a Solstice and wanted to knwo if I would be able to fit in one...with the top up :) .
I used to own a 1997 BMW Z3 and I fit alright. How does it compare in room with a Z3?

Thank you all.

Ray

·
Registered
189 Posts
rub2pennies said:
Hello,
I am seriously thinking of getting a Solstice and wanted to knwo if I would be able to fit in one...with the top up :) .
I used to own a 1997 BMW Z3 and I fit alright. How does it compare in room with a Z3?

Thank you all.

Ray
I BELIEVE you can expect a bit more room than the Z3, friend of mine had one as well. someone correct me if Im wrong

·
Registered
80 Posts
who knows, did you see on the Apprretice when the guy and girl were walking past the car, the car looked so small, like up to the guys waist only, but the people inside looked comfortable. I guess we wait to see.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I fit

I sat in it at the car show here in Houston. I was surprised as it seemed to have more leg room than the others in its class. I could actually sit in it and work the pedals without bashing my knees on the wheel. Unfortunately, the top was down and they would not put it up for me to check headroom.

I have one on order and I am hoping I will fit into it comfortably. It would be very disappointing to wait for it to come in and have to pass on buying it because it was too small! :brentil:

But I am optimistic since the stats seem larger almost everywhere than the comparitors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
One 6'6" tall guy fit - Bob Lutz

rub2pennies said:
Hello,

Thank you all.

Ray
Bob Lutz is the grey haired guy in the auto show picturesdriving in the car. I read somewhere on the web that he is 6'6" and that he asked the designers to nake sure he fit. I'm 6'7" and I've ordered one. By the way the only BMW Z3 I could ever fit in was the 1997. All the other years has at least one ince less legroom.

6'7" Gregodav

Hey Bob, How about the demo car coming to Wichita and you let me borrow it for a test ride?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The test mule articles from last February (links in the FAQ link) also indicated that the cabin seemed fairly roomy. However, those cars were by no means complete of final either.

Really the only way to tell for sure is to be able to sit in one. Not only does your overall height have an affect, but so does your inseam. Two people of equal height can fit very differently in a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually I think we've read Bob is more like 6'"2-6'"3 I thought. Might be wrong though. If you fit in a Z3 you should fit fine in the Solstice. Because if I recall correctly the Z3 has 1" LESS in headroom space then the Solstice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts