Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that over 100 of the first 1000 have been built can we anticipate deliveries starting this week? With VIN 23 mine may have been built the week of July 18th (as originally projected by GM). It is listed as in transit, which my dealer cautioned me could only mean that its sitting in a holding yard somewhere. Since GM has apparantly stated cars would start arriving at dealers this week, I wonder who will get theirs first???? EXPECT to see a BIG increase in postings and evaluations as members start getting their cars we have all patiently waited for!!!! :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Personally I'm "on call" starting this week that my dealer could call and just say it's here or come in now it will be here tomorrow. I'm thinking next week for some reason but won't be shocked if it shows up this week.

·
5,641 Posts
As Pontiac has said, shipping to dealers will start the week of August 1st.

The first few are only built, there are still several event stages yet to go before the first one is put in transit to dealer.

So it is still a little early to be guess when the first delivery to a buyer will take place.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mceb said:
Personally I'm "on call" starting this week that my dealer could call and just say it's here or come in now it will be here tomorrow. I'm thinking next week for some reason but won't be shocked if it shows up this week.

My dealer also knows to call me when he hears its near arrival. I suspect that the first production weeks cars will arrive this week, given that it shouldn't take more than two weeks out for shipment to dealers( on average). Just a thought, were the VIN numbers assigned sequentially, as they were built? Or was there some other formula used for assiging the Vins???

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think the first delivery will be on Friday in Detroit. Maybe someone who has RSVP and was lucky enough to get theirs built will be able to get their car in person in front of the rest of us.

It would be really cool to have VIN 1 delivered at this event in front of the first 1000, executives, and media.

·
5,641 Posts
PAS22 said:
I suspect that the first production weeks cars will arrive this week, given that it shouldn't take more than two weeks out for shipment to dealers( on average).
Here we go again with expectations running away.

You know "that it shouldn't take more then two weeks" to get to a dealer. No cars have been invoiced, made available for shippment, shipped, or place in transit. But yet you think they will arrive this week.

·
5,641 Posts
mceb said:
I guess with this party on Friday makes sense nothing would happen this week anyway.

The more I think of it, that is the reason. They couldn't invite you all out until production actually started (that wouldn't have been a pretty sight) and would have to get you there before delivery (or no one would have given up time with their car :) ).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Small Dealer said:
Here we go again with expectations running away.

You know "that it shouldn't take more then two weeks" to get to a dealer. No cars have been invoiced, made available for shippment, shipped, or place in transit. But yet you think they will arrive this week.

Just relaying what my dealer says about his normal deliveries. Of course, there is nothing normal about the intro of the Solstice! :lol: But quoting GM they should start arriving sometime this week.

·
5,641 Posts
PAS22 said:
But quoting GM they should start arriving sometime this week.
Again, we are in one of those situations were one word changes the whole meaning of the sentence. Here are the GM quotes I could find. None talk about "arrival" only "shipping"

Bob Lutz in GM's Fast lane Blog said:
And, speaking of delivering, I am told that the First 1,000 Solstices are being built now in our Wilmington, Delaware, assembly plant and will be shipped the first week of August.
Pontiac Weekly Summary said:
First 1,000 Customers Notified of Solstice Shipments ... a special communication was e-mailed to the First 1,000 retail customers earlier this week informing them that Solstices will begin shipping to dealers in limited quantities next week. We wanted to make sure that the First 1,000 retail customers were the first to receive this exceptional news! We expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be delivered by the end of October and customers are advised to contact their dealer to determine if their order is either in system or in transit. Also on Wednesday, July 27 a full page ad ran in major newspapers including USA Today, NY Times, and the Chicago Tribune, announcing the start of Solstice shipments.
Pontiac EOP email of July 26th said:
Pontiac is pleased to announce that the First 1,000 Solstice retail orders will begin to ship to dealerships the week of August 1, 2005.
Fiero+Solstice post of USA Toady Ad July 27th said:
Below the car it will say, PONTIAC SOLSTICE BEGINS SHIPPING NEXT WEEK.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Ship to dealerships" has probably been interpreted, maybe falsely, by me and others as "arriving" at dealerships. But as you say, it could also mean that shipping is beggining this week, which means another week or two before we start seeing actual delivery of cars. Arn't the twists of the english language fun! :(

·
Registered
245 Posts
i am going to guess that the first 1000 cars are already built. i seem to remember seeing a picture on here a while ago of vin #16. that was some time ago now. might have even read it wrong. also read a thread last night that the head of shipping would be going out to make sure that the 1000 cars have been delivered. call me crazy, but it sounds to me that they are already built. maybe the count so far is for regular allocation cars.

i might be getting hopes up, but with all of the other misinformation floating around this site, i just figured that this seems to make more sence than what i have heard so far.

TO MANY SPECULATIONS, BRAIN.. FREEZING..UP :brentil:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just to keep hope up i thought i would let you know that i saw a white solstice in the waterford, mi area this morning on the way to work. Thats 6 solstsis (is that what we finally decided the plural form was gonna be?) in the area that ive seen in the last week and a half. I dont know who is driving these but they are coming so keep ur hopes up

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
jester316 said:
i am going to guess that the first 1000 cars are already built.
Bad guess ;) ... according to GM production reports, in the three weeks since the start of production they've built a total of 180 cars.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
goalscore247 said:
Just to keep hope up i thought i would let you know that i saw a white solstice in the waterford, mi area this morning on the way to work. Thats 6 solstsis (is that what we finally decided the plural form was gonna be?) in the area that ive seen in the last week and a half. I dont know who is driving these but they are coming so keep ur hopes up
Solstices. As in "winter and summer solstices".

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:willy:
Oh, the stress and strain of being one of the first (which I am not :( )

I'd be so worried that every Tom, Dick and Harry at the dealership would be drooling (and many other unmentionable acts :devil: - like a clutch-drop) on my baby that I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Hopefully, the dealership guys will get all of that out of their systems on the 8 solstices they'll have before mine.

If I were one of the First 1k, I think I'd make daily :skep: (maybe twice, once in the morning, before work and again on my way home) trips to the dealership - just to make sure my dealer didn't convieniently forget to call me for a couple of days... :cuss:

.. just messin' with you lucky bastards, the next few weeks will be rough - but should be well worth it :thumbs:

·
Registered
245 Posts
if there is only 180 built, then how is there already a vin # in the 400's(100441) can anybody explain that one...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
jester316 said:
if there is only 180 built, then how is there already a vin # in the 400's(100441) can anybody explain that one...
Different VIN sequence...notice it starts with 100000 (first 1000 start with 0000001). Probably test pre-production VIN..not sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.