Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a solstice yet and i haven't seen any at the dealers yet. I love the look and the idea but i want to make sure I fit. Im a big guy and want to know if any other big guys have this car. Im 6'5" 240lbs. Somebody let me know if I am too big! lol!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The Sol is rumored to be pretty good for bigger people. Some have reported 6'4" with no problem.

Not sure but I thought someone said BMW Z4 is good guage on interior size, anyone?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Solstice: Front headroom 38.5"
Z3: Front headroom 37.6"
Z4: Front headroom 37.3"

If you fit in a Z3 or Z4 based on the numbers alone, you should fit in the Solstice. I've driven my friends Z3 and I had no problems sitting in, or seeing out of that car. Yes I'm only 5'10" but I've got a 30" inseem. Which means I sit like I'm taller then 6'. We've had several people 6'2" say they fit for sure from getting to sit in it from various events, or car show people. Your best bet is to find a used Z3/Z4 and take it for a test drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well now its been asked 240752785 times! But thanks for your imput! Now I will have to go to a bmw forum and ask them about the fit in the z3/4! lol :willy:

I just dont' want to get decapitated if i get in an accident! :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went a few weeks ago and sat in a BMW Z4. Getting in was fine. A good amount of leg room. I am 6'4 and weight 285lbs. I have a bodybuilder frame. There was a good amount of head room. Only issue I had was getting out of it was a little slow going. Nothing a bit of practice couldn't hurt doing. lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
who knows...

A lot of people are wondering about the comfort level and what the fit will be like. We've ordered a car that we have never seen, heard, test drove... or have even sat in. The deposit is refundable, so that made it easier to take the chance. It will be nice when the car is out and we can all actually try it! Hope that the seats are really fall into it - comfy : )

I don't know why people have to bother to tell you the question has been asked before... I'd think it was easier to just reply or ignore it if that's the case. There are a lot of posts here - easy to miss. They can merge a message so - no problem in asking!

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Hojopa,

then we wouldn't get the full use of the :brentil: smiley!!! :lol:

RCarterguy - no problem on the question. If you look in the site index under "seating position" - you'll find a very long discussion on seated height.

In the end - you'll just have to try it and see if you do fit.

The other part of the question is if your inseam is normal, long or short for your height.

If your inseam is short for your height (maybe in the 30-32 range) you'll likely be sitting too tall for the Solstice. If your inseam is much more than about 36-38, you'll prolly start to complain of lack of leg room.

BUT, these are all speculations, or guidelines. In the end, only sitting in it will tell if it is right for you.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My mother-in-law is 5'2", 425 pounds. Will she fit into the trunk of a Solstice?

Just kidding. I intend on strapping her to the luggage rack.

Ok, OK! I'm really kidding. She's actually a nice looking older lady, tall (for her generation) and still fairly slender, a regular Danish beauty like my wonderful wife. Oww oww oww! Please let go of my ear, hon!

·
Registered
460 Posts
You'll fit if your pal is over 113lbs youll be over the rated capacity. Think i reamember it being 353lbs :willy: : no more cake for me

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You tall guys quitcherbitchn'. We know you'll be fine.

What we don't know is how a puttybutt like me will fit.

After my wife nagging me to lose weight for 15 years, how funny would it be for a car to finally motivate me?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
DreamerDave said:
With GM offering an aftermarket adjustable suspension, maybe you could stiffen the springs on just the drivers side. :lol:
Oh I don't care if the left side throws sparks, or if the car gets 1.2 g's on the skidpad going left, but only .6 g's going right. I fully expect all that ;)

I'm just worried I might need a giant shoe-horn to pry myself inbetween the door and the center console. :lol:

·
Registered
109 Posts
brentil said:

If you fit in a Z3 or Z4 based on the numbers alone, you should fit in the Solstice. I've driven my friends Z3 and I had no problems sitting in, or seeing out of that car. Yes I'm only 5'10" but I've got a 30" inseem. Which means I sit like I'm taller then 6'. We've had several people 6'2" say they fit for sure from getting to sit in it from various events, or car show people. Your best bet is to find a used Z3/Z4 and take it for a test drive.

I raced in a Z3 a few years back. It was roomy for me (But I'm 5'7"@130 LBs.) But my friend had no problem either and he's about 6'3", 240 LBs.

I haven't driven a Z4 yet, but I hear they're fast. I'd like to race one when I get the chance.

The Solstice doesn't look like a completely small car. I think it's on the Kappa frame which is a mid-size frame. Looks like even my 300 LBs friend shouldn't have any problems.

Mg.

·
Registered
987 Posts
One of the things I like about this car is the wide body look. I can't wait to feel it hugging the road!

·
Registered
184 Posts
6'7" and I've got one on order...

I'm 6'7" and I've got one on order. As for the Z3 I can only squeeze into the '97 model. The other Z3 years have a lowered dash board and I cannot uncomfortably fit it them. The Z3 is very tight.

The BMW 74 is very roomy and an easy fit.

The published legroom dimensions seldom match real life circumstances for me.

I would rather have a Solstice than a Z4 any day. The solstice is truly a beautiful auto.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shifting

Based on the size of the passenger does anyone know if there is going to be an issue with bumping into the passenger's leg when shifting? It looks like the gearshift is placed well and is small but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
brentil said:

I'm 6'4" 265 with a 35" inseam. My head rubs a Z3 ceiling just a bit. I fit very comfortably in a Z4 top up.
Based on the numbers in the above quote and my experience with the two BMW's I am confident enough that I'll fit that my Mysterious/Ebony is on order.

Big guys...I think were gonna be alright :grouphug:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Awwww :nopity: are all the tall guys who made fun of us normal sized people feeling a bit left out? This is for every time I got rejected in basketball...

Haha! No solstice for you. FREAKS!

Just kidding guys. The dealer I ordered from told me they had a guy that was 6'4" that was hemming and hawwing about ordering one because he was worried he wouldn't fit. They called one of the GM employees who is driving a solstice and he brought it down to the dealership. The tall guy had no problem fitting in it and even commented on how roomy it was.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts