Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Will I get bumped off of first allocation?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Small Dealer 
#1 ·
I ordered a cool two tone leather with all the options including xm radio and onstar. I also ordered the chrome wheels as I didn't expect to get mine until December-ish.

I ordered on 4/25 and I have a copy of the order sheet that looks like it is system generated.

Should I be worried that because of my option choices that I might not get my car in first allocation. My dealer is only getting 3 cars and I am number 3 on his list of orders.

Should I cancel the onstar and chrome wheels to help expite the order?

Thanks.
:willy:

#3 ·
You might actually be ok, depending on how your dealer's allocation is setup. If he's getting one per month you should be good to go.

#4 ·
Sol Survivor said:
I ordered a cool two tone leather with all the options including xm radio and onstar. I also ordered the chrome wheels as I didn't expect to get mine until December-ish.

I ordered on 4/25 and I have a copy of the order sheet that looks like it is system generated.

Should I be worried that because of my option choices that I might not get my car in first allocation. My dealer is only getting 3 cars and I am number 3 on his list of orders.

The GM orders system (VOMS) will not allow a Solstice to be ordered for the dealer's order pool with OnStar and/or the Chrome Wheels.

So there is no chance that your order is equipped as you want anyway.

You first need to decide which is more important, getting the equipment you want or getting the cars months earlier.

As #3 of #3 in your dealer's first four month allocation, you most likely have a little time before you need to make the call.

#5 · (Edited)
Maybe I didn't order?

Here is a link to a picture of my order form that was faxed to me. It says the wheels are polished, I guess I didn't order them in chrome. It also doesn't say anything about On-Star. Doesn't it come in the premium package?

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=7/20511353234.gif&s=x1

Small dealer, I just want to make sure I have this order setup to get accepted as soon as possible.

Thanks

#8 ·
Sol Survivor said:
Small dealer, I just want to make sure I have this order setup to get accepted as soon as possible.
That order is buildable under current guide lines. No Chrome, No OnStar.
Should be OK. But watch the site, I am sure someone will post when those options become available and you may have a shot to change. Good luck.

#9 ·
License Plate Frame

As I can see clearly on my order form, can the license plate frame be left off? Is that a factory installed part or is it done at the dealership?

I Hate It.

#10 ·
Sol Survivor said:

Thanks.
:willy:
i would not start changing your order because that could end you at the back of the line. best to stick with your order and take it as it comes.

#11 ·
Sol Survivor said:
As I can see clearly on my order form, can the license plate frame be left off? Is that a factory installed part or is it done at the dealership?

I Hate It.
The license plate bracket is installed at the dealer, for states that require it.

Generally, for states that require front license plates, there is a law that requires the dealer to install the front plate before delivery. But often times the dealer will leave it off at the buyer's request, so long as you sign a legal agreement stating that you are aware that it is required by law and take sole responsibility for it not being on the car. Check with your specific dealer about their policies, and whether they will agree to leave it off.

#12 ·
I concur with dengel. Although, we have heard that the bracket will be mounted through the grill - so it should not require any drilling and should be able to be removed, hopefully without any ill-effects. :)

#13 · (Edited)
The license plate braket is dealer installed. So you can ask them not to install it. Although many dealers do it automatically as part of their new car check in and prep. One factor may be the system your state has for Inspection Stickers, and who does them. Massachusetts requires both plates to be on the car. If a dealer is doing the sticker, they will make sure it is that way. If you want to try to get a sticker elsewhere and "hope" they accidently "overlook" the front plate, well........

As far as why it is on your order. The ordering system will automatically add it to orders going to states with two plates.

#15 ·
solsticeman said:
SD, anything in the service instructions about installing the front license plate bracket?
No.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.