Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now another CEL. Code P0497.....UUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! I'm begining to think my car should have been yellow rather then white!

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Had the same code about 4 months ago. i removed the purge solenoid, blew into it and it was stuck in the open position....it is supposed to be closed when the engine is off. Replacement should be available at your local parts store for under $50. There is great how to video from DDMWERKS for the Solstice here:YouTube. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Had the same code about 4 months ago. i removed the purge solenoid, blew into it and it was stuck in the open position....it is supposed to be closed when the engine is off. Replacement should be available at your local parts store for under $50. There is great how to video from DDMWERKS for the Solstice here:YouTube. Good luck.
$15 - $25.00 at your local Autozone. :)

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the purge valve today (thanks DDM!!!) and it's not bad....any other suggestions? It's still under warranty, so I'm thinking it's going to be a trip to the dealer. What's funny about it is that the car is really alive compared to normal. I'm getting rubber in 1, 2 AND 3!! But I have had the "wanted" backfire a lot more when I get on it and let off.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I carry one for a spare.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hey The_Ghost

I know many of you have dealerships that you work with already but if you need help locating a certified Pontiac Service Center please let me know. Also please keep me posted of this issue and let me know if you need my assistance. The best way to reach me is by private message.

Jackie
GM Customer Care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts