Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pull in to get gas, and now car will not start. It turns over and i can hear the fuel pump run. Any Thoughs?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Check battery positive terminal to make sure it's still tight, then check the ignition coil ground wire that grounds into the engine motor, I had this problem as my ground wire melted off

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pull in to get gas, and now car will not start. It turns over and i can hear the fuel pump run. Any Thoughs?

Try looking at your Evap Purge Solenoid.
Disconnect the hose to your Evap purge solenoid on top of the intake manifold, Plug the nipple with a vacum cap and clamp, try staring the car.
If the car starts your Purge solenoid is stuck open.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
If it was the battery, it wouldn't turn over (missed that the first time). Here's the DDM video on how to check the Evap purge solenoid.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If it was the battery, it wouldn't turn over.
Not necessarily any more. Last Sunday, my wife's Murano turned over (a bit slowly, but plenty fast for engines in the old days) but would not start. It was the battery. I guess the electronics and perhaps ignition require a lot more juice than they used to.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It is always helpful to say which you have . GXP or NA and the year. Since you have an 06 then you have an NA, no GXP for 06. Then you do not have a Evap Purge Solenoid. They are only on the GXP unless you have added a TC.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yeah that's important. :agree:

Forget what I said about the EVAP purge solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts