Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I am 15 years old and getting my license this summer just in time to get a brand new solstice which i am very excited about. What I was wondering about was rather or not the aero-composite halogen headlamps are xenon. If not, do you think xenon lights will be available for separate purchase right after the solstice comes out. Please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks

Matt

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
The Solstice has halogen bulbs. Even the more expensive Sky only has halogen bulbs too, but its are in projector housings.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

We have had a few threads on HID lamps and whether they would be available. None on the production car, and I doubt none from GM accessories too. There has been some disagreement on whether they would be available as an aftermarket upgrade. Some people said sure, while others believed new legislation would basically prevent anyone from creating an aftermarket replacement.

I think the best bet for more lighting is to be sure to get foglights, and then step up to Silverstar bulbs for the headlights and foglights. That will greatly increase your night vision!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Are "SilverStar bulbs" a GM/Pontiac product or available from auto stores? Do they fit all cars/models? :skep:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
hoffman said:
Are "SilverStar bulbs" a GM/Pontiac product or available from auto stores? Do they fit all cars/models? :skep:
They're made from a company called Silvania (spelling is wrong I believe). You can buy them at auto parts stores in your area. They make bulbs that fit pretty much all types of connectors. They run $20-$40 a bulb depending on promotional sales, and bulb type.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts