Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Gm miss the boat on the Solstice?
The car should have been release for sale the day or week after the 1000th order was taken, just enough time for them to be delieved to the winning dealer.
Movies use to have months runs in theaters , now it is like weeks before it dies out.
Fads thing come and go before I even know about them.
By the time they are ready for sale , the Solstice could be old news the buzz could e lost!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I don't think so. Things will calm down now for a little while while they wait to make them. However, I think a much bigger buzz will begin when this car actually hits the streets and more people see them. I doubt everyone in the country watched the apprentice, or new about the EOP program, and GM still had a huge turnout for it. Once people start seeing these things on the road, the buzz is really going to take off!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
As long as they can get production going and everything we've seen has been speculation of exactly when. When a plant worker reports to us that job 1 rolled off the line we'll know it has started. October deadline IMO is to cover their butts. Just in case a supplier goes belly-up or and please take no offense any GM employees, what if managemnet tries to make you pay for some more of your healthcare or reduce your pay during layoffs? What if 1 week into production the UAW walks off the job. Managements skills are such that they think they personally can hand build 1000 cars between now and 10/31. If they can't meet the deadline what woulfd happen to the program. I'm going to polish the summer wheels on the GTP and get the snows off, I think spring is finally here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I don't think so. Things will calm down now for a little while while they wait to make them. However, I think a much bigger buzz will begin when this car actually hits the streets and more people see them. I doubt everyone in the country watched the apprentice, or new about the EOP program, and GM still had a huge turnout for it. Once people start seeing these things on the road, the buzz is really going to take off!
:agree: now that the intial broohaha is done, things will calm down, but as soon as they put them in dealerships they will most likely launch a new ad campaign, and people will see them on the road, and they will be right back on top

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think if gm actually puts the cars out in october they will have a massive demand drop. I think youll see dealers try to gouge shortly but because gm screwed the pooch it wont happen. Now next spring youll see the price gouging come back up.

Least thats how I figure it. I just dont see people ordering a roadster to be delivered in winter. Theyll probaly just wait and "go for a better deal"

·
Registered
80 Posts
The crazy things that I found out from numerous daily phone calls with my dealer the past 3 weeks were these things:

the first thousand were made, ready to be finished

they would be delivered beginning June 6

the reason for the first 1000 was because GM promised it to be a low priced vehicle, so to stick with that promise the price would be low on the first 1000
after which they would go up.

And believe it or not, the three dealerships that I was talking to, have been calling even up until this am to see if I want to be put on the wait list.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sebgib said:
The crazy things that I found out from numerous daily phone calls with my dealer the past 3 weeks were these things:

the first thousand were made, ready to be finished

they would be delivered beginning June 6

the reason for the first 1000 was because GM promised it to be a low priced vehicle, so to stick with that promise the price would be low on the first 1000
after which they would go up.

And believe it or not, the three dealerships that I was talking to, have been calling even up until this am to see if I want to be put on the wait list.

Wow, your dealer is 0 for 3 on the things he told you!!! You might want to start talking to a more Knowledgeable dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts