Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member to the board but I've been watching over the Pontiac Solstice for quite sometime. Pontiac is my personal favorite company and currently I own a 92 Grand Prix and my folks own a 01 Grand Am.

Anyway. I'm VERY car illeretare so excuse me if I sound incredibly stupid when/if I ask questions and this is one of them.

As far as anyone knows, will the 2006 Pontiac Solstice come with automatic transmission? Or as of now it is only manual. Sadly I don't know how to drive a manual (like I said, illeterate) and hope that Pontiac will put an automatic transmission into the Solstice. I am going to buy one just around the time they come out because it looks like an amazing car, fits what I like in a car all around.

Thanks for any help on this question.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Think it makes sense now. The $20k Solstice will be stick only. That is the base model. For a few shekels more you can get the ->Sport Edition<- with even more badges, different paint, and a paddle-shift automatic (Pontiac did the same thing with the Fiero in 1984, if you look at the original sales brochure - GM4468 inside back cover - the base Fiero was not available with an automatic, you had to move up to the Fiero Sport or Fiero SE).

So Pontiac can say with a straight face "On introduction, the Solstice will be available with five speed only." (to get an automatic, you need the Solstice SE).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Hellstone said:
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't see that there. :leaving

Its cool! I just directed you to that thread because I had just responded the other day to it and figured it would answer your question. The title of the thread didn’t make it an obvious auto tranny threads either and I wouldn’t expect you to read every thread on the forum to find an answer. Brentil’s head just popped because we have seen a few auto tranny questions in the last week or two. I bet like me, he just didn’t want to retype the same information again so soon. :smile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts