Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been hearing alot of rumors saying they are not allowing the discount when they 1st come out...is that true ? and if it is true will they eventually allow the discount??

·
5,641 Posts
vextc05 said:
ive been hearing alot of rumors saying they are not allowing the discount when they 1st come out...is that true ? and if it is true will they eventually allow the discount??

You question is a little vague, so I will give a bunch of answers and hope to hit the right one.

The Early Order Program first 1000 cars will not be available with any program discount (GM Employee-GMS or GM Supplier or Dealership Employee) or incentive ( such as GM Card earnings).

For regular production orders it is a little early for GM to announce what programs will be available. Closer to retail production time (I would speculate July), we should find out about the GM Card earnings situation. The discount programs (employee-supplier) are a two way decission. GM must choose to allow them and the individual dealer must choose to accept them. It has been speculated by people in other posts,given the demand and availability, that it may be unlikely that dealers will accept these discount programs if GM allows them But again it is very, very early. Keep in touch with your choosen dealer. Or now that you have joined here, keep an eye out for infomation posts.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Small Dealer is a great source of information!

This is from my post in another thread, but worth a repost here. The GM Family website that gives GMS price sheets and the GM "BuyPower" GMS link does have Employee Pricing "GMS" Price Sheets on the Solstice. (Can't take credit for finding that).

I was told by a local dealer that it is a good sign :)

It would be nice to give the employee discount on what is essentially the working guy's or gal's sports car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
GM Discount Programs

Small Dealer said:
The discount programs (employee-supplier) are a two way decission. GM must allow them and the individual dealer must accept them. It has been speculated by people in other posts,given the demand and availability, that it may be unlikely that dealers will accept these discount programs if GM allows them But again it is very, very early. Keep in touch with your choosen dealer.
GM Employee and Supplier discounts are accepted at the discretion of the dealer, so if the Solstice is commanding above MSRP in the market, dealers would just be throwing away money to grant the discounts. For a long time, we were not allowing discount programs on GTOs and GMC diesel pickups. But.... I just sold a GTO for GMS because we needed sales. If the dealer is hungry enough and can't sell a Solstice :lol: he may sell one at the discount price just to get a car off the lot. Granted, this is highly unlikely, at least for now, but at the end of 2004, when we were trying to meet sales targets for GMC, we were selling trucks for WAAAY below invoice so we could collect the big bonus from GM for selling X number of vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts