Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I've see several hardtop holders, this targa top wall holder is still advertised on WERKS site.

The Home of WERKSracing products!

Features -

Easy 1 person operation
Solid construction with stainless steel pivots and locking pins
Durable gloss white powdercoat finish
Protective foam padding on all contact points
Comes complete with mounting hardware for 16" on center wood studs
Handmade right here in the USA!
Other powdercoat colors are available for an additional $40.00
$549.00 + S/H.

[/B][/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Holy cow, guys, that's a lot of money for something you could make yourself out of $20 worth of plywood and 2x4's. A carpet scrap as a soft lining. Maybe bungy cords at places

I'll betcha that there's one of those plastic storage tubs that's the right size to hold our roofs.

:huh:

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Smoothline makes one for their hatdtops. Folds up, on castors...not bad. Designed for the LeMans top, bt adding a plywood base it works well for the Club Racer.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Holy cow, guys, that's a lot of money for something you could make yourself out of $20 worth of plywood and 2x4's. A carpet scrap as a soft lining. Maybe bungy cords at places

I'll betcha that there's one of those plastic storage tubs that's the right size to hold our roofs.

:huh:
Don't forget the PVC pipe!

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
For some of the Mercedes SLs that had rather complex and heavy hard tops, people often just made up a harness with padded hooks that they hung from the ceiling of the garage (assuming sufficient height) so they could raise the hard top up to the roof and tie it there until they needed the top again in the winter. They'd use the regular soft top all summer.

Here is a diagram of a home made one off a Mercedes forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts