Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in the Wilmington area in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with info on how to find possible plant tours, etc. I'll have some time to kill, so what better way to spend my day. Even if I'm just driving in the same vicinity as my Sol:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Their loss in money

They could make some extra side cash with the amount of us that would go crazy to see the plant. I mean max I would spend about $200, but for my husband and I $400 is a ton of cash for taking us on an hour and a half to two hour tour. And think of how many people they would get that want a tour. I don't know about them, but in my eyes they are missing out in giving us a thrill and making some extra side cash. :nopity:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Lawson143 said:
They could make some extra side cash with the amount of us that would go crazy to see the plant. I mean max I would spend about $200, but for my husband and I $400 is a ton of cash for taking us on an hour and a half to two hour tour. And think of how many people they would get that want a tour. I don't know about them, but in my eyes they are missing out in giving us a thrill and making some extra side cash. :nopity:
Technically it really wouldn't be free cash. Someone would have to creat what the tour really is, any media for it, advertisement for it, all the changes needed to websites to promote it, all the new signs,ropes, misc to run the tour, the work needed to be done to the plant for meet&great, parking, signs, etc, and of course to pay the people to do the tours.

Unfortunately at $200 a head for a very low volume car GM would probably actually loose money.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maybe a special event just for folks on this forum.. Where they put out a couple of Solstii in the parking lot and let us take a test drive in the parking lot. We could make a donation to the UAW.

After all we are the biggest Solstice advocates.

·
Registered
338 Posts
SouthernSol said:
I will be in the Wilmington area in a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with info on how to find possible plant tours, etc. I'll have some time to kill, so what better way to spend my day. Even if I'm just driving in the same vicinity as my Sol:)
If you get the time, PM me, & I'll make a phone call to see if I can make it happen. Our local plants, which produces blocks, heads, and transmissions give onesy-twosey tours for locals, the press, and dealer employees, but there's only one or two people (the Plant Mgr or PR director) that can make it happen for an outsider. Standard stip's are no camera's or recording devices w/o from Plant Mgr. or higher.

·
Registered
936 Posts
conejo148 said:
If you get the time, PM me, & I'll make a phone call to see if I can make it happen. Our local plants, which produces blocks, heads, and transmissions give onesy-twosey tours for locals, the press, and dealer employees, but there's only one or two people (the Plant Mgr or PR director) that can make it happen for an outsider. Standard stip's are no camera's or recording devices w/o from Plant Mgr. or higher.
If you can make it happen for him let us know and I will do my best to make time if you can get me a tour.

·
Registered
260 Posts
plant tours

Thanks for the welcome. You could call the plant at 302-428-7000 (security). They may be able to direct you to someone to ask. I would suggest asking for Alice Pettit.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Pontiac should do what Porsche does and let you watch your car being built.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
They do not have to restricted to this forum, all they would have to do is setup a login ID to get in, the ID would be your VOM #, this way anybody that buys a SOL/SKY can look into it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Pontiac should do what Porsche does and let you watch your car being built.
:agree: This used to be possible. A friend watched his 82 TA being built and drove it away from the plant. I'd make the trip and miss work!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts