Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wind deflector/screen/shield best?

Need some first hand experience/impressions. The Senoff is the least expensive (at $80)and made out of Optix (What are the others made of?). Then there is the Kappshield for $10 more, and the Restrictor V1 and V2 for $100 more. :willy:
The graphic is cool but worth $100, I don't know. I have no use for LED illumination... too bling-bling for me. :cool:
Then there is the mounting difference between the V1 & V2. I have read that the V2 requires the head-rest pressure to make it stable - well that ain't no good! :nono:
What's the go here? :dunno:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All reads and no comments? I know some you have wind deflectors/screens/shields.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Use the search function...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Need some first hand experience/impressions. The Senoff is the least expensive (at $80)and made out of Optix (What are the others made of?). Then there is the Kappshield for $10 more, and the Restrictor V1 and V2 for $100 more. :willy:
The graphic is cool but worth $100, I don't know. I have no use for LED illumination... too bling-bling for me. :cool:
Then there is the mounting difference between the V1 & V2. I have read that the V2 requires the head-rest pressure to make it stable - well that ain't no good! :nono:
What's the go here? :dunno:

I would go with the WR V1. :yesnod:

You can have it without the graphics and LED.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
If you do not want the LED, or etching and do not want the v2 style .... then you might as well get the Kappashield. That is just the plain old-fashioned one ... they pretty much look the same from a distance and they all have minor issues with the design. IMHO

·
2,574 Posts
If the issue is their function, I think that they all have similar limitations. I have one (the mfgr. isn't important) and I rarely use it anymore. It does little with the windows down and not very much with them up, and since I don't do much driving with the windows up when the top's down, the little benefit that i get isn't worth the bother to me. The etched restrictors are a different matter. It isn't something that I need, but I've seen them and I like them and they sure are attention getters and crowd pleasers, and the ones our supporting vendor makes are very well done.-bird

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Instead of a wind screen, I just use a baseball cap to keep what's left of my hair from flying away.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Instead of a wind screen, I just use a baseball cap to keep what's left of my hair from flying away.
OK, how do you keep the hat from flying off in the "breeze"? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
If you do not want the LED, or etching and do not want the v2 style .... then you might as well get the Kappashield. That is just the plain old-fashioned one ... they pretty much look the same from a distance and they all have minor issues with the design. IMHO
:agree: I like the etching and light, but it isn't for everyone.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks... I have used the search and read many threads. There have been pictures and talk of where to put the LED switch but very little about function, stability, and comparison of the 3 different manufactures.

Reactions: bingmobo

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If the issue is their function, I think that they all have similar limitations. I have one (the mfgr. isn't important) and I rarely use it anymore.-bird
Manufacture is important with your comments (don't be afraid, if they have issues, they need to know). That's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. Thanks ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Helpful.
Ironically, that is how I found this very specific thread with the question I was going to ask myself. Indeed, he needed specific information that wasn't found on any other thread.
People who immediately respond with "use the search function" are of no use to the community. We're here to HELP each other, not be rude and belittle their query for help.

ON to the question at hand; any idea of what manufacturers are the best? Several years later there has to be a consensus by now. Lol!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Helpful.
Ironically, that is how I found this very specific thread with the question I was going to ask myself. Indeed, he needed specific information that wasn't found on any other thread.
People who immediately respond with "use the search function" are of no use to the community. We're here to HELP each other, not be rude and belittle their query for help.

ON to the question at hand; any idea of what manufacturers are the best? Several years later there has to be a consensus by now. Lol!
Notice the date of the post... 2007.
Many at the time were posting about wind screens that they had purchased. There weren't thousands of threads to go through. Sorry you got your panties in a wad. I wasn't being rude.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Notice the date of the post... 2007.
Many at the time were posting about wind screens that they had purchased. There weren't thousands of threads to go through. Sorry you got your panties in a wad. I wasn't being rude.
Right. So back then, wouldn't there have been fewer posts instead of more as there are now? My critique stands; please don't get upset at people for asking questions in a community that's supposed to be helpful :).
Also, side note, I don't wear panties unless my wife and I are roll playing or something. LOL. My boxers however were not in a wad but I appreciate your concern ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
I've got a wind deflector and will be removing it as it serves no purpose for me . There are members who have ones that are lit up and etched with some type of design mine is plain not onto the rolling billboard stuff . I got mine some years ago from a guy who was selling them on Ebay for a good price he had a Sky and was making them but he only offered plain ones .

·
Registered
992 Posts
You guys need to take a step back and limit this discussion to wind deflectors.
I deflected a little wind in my (boxer) deflectors after reading his response.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts