Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to install a wind deflector between the roll bars of my Z3 to stop air from entering the cockpit from the rear while driving with the top down. My wind deflector fits between the roll bars but on the Solstice it won't have a place to put one. I hope that isn't a problem.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Personally I've never owned a convertable. I don't even recall riding in one ever. I'm actually pretty worried about buffeting in the cab with the top down. I really love the looks of the Solstice but there are a few things that can really turn me off to it and that is one of them. How do convertables built in the last few years deal with wind noise? Can I have a "normal" volumed conversation driving at 45 with the top down? How 'bout the quality of the rag top?

These are just a couple of questions I've had floating in my head. Please add your thoughts.

·
Registered
281 Posts
in a late model f-body, there is minimal intrusion. you can easily hold a convo at 80mph and still hear the radio. cant do that in a C5, tho. i think the rake of the windshield and how/where in the car you sit has a lot to do with it. if you are tall and sit well back, then you will be more prone to buffeting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
padgett said:
That is why an optional hard top will soon be available.
How is a hard top going to help the buffetting question with the top down?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dav8or, I think Otravez was asking do you know for sure they'll be a removable top...it's only been rumored as future item (not in first year).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts