Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed out the led strip on their wind restrictor?

I just installed a brand new version 1 that came with the car. I bought the car 5 years ago and forgot that it came with the WR, and came across it when rearranging my garage shelves. For some reason, I had it in my mind that it was illuminated red, so I connected to the brake lights. After the install was complete, I tested it and saw the lights were blue.
It looks easy enough to remove the LEDs from the WR, but I have no clue on a good replacement. Amazon has tons of options, but I couldn't find one that matched the dimensions (8.75 length, 5/16 width, about 2mm ht). Also, I have no idea how bright the replacements should be. Any ideas? Or anyone with a red V1 who wants to trade for a blue V1with etched "GXP"?

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
I would contact WindRestrictor.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
you might also try OZNIUM website. Just about any type of LED strip or bulb you can imagine.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you might also try OZNIUM website. Just about any type of LED strip or bulb you can imagine.
There are a couple there that might work. I'll likely go this route if I don't hear back from Windrestrictor. Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, windrestrictor never did get back with me so it looks like I'll be trying the Oznium strips. Looks like this one might work: Buy LED Light Bars | Ultra Thin LED Light Bar | Oznium This one is 30 lumens

Or maybe this one removed from the tube: Buy the Best LED Light Bars | Super Thin LED Tube | Oznium
This one is 13 lumens.

I have no idea of the lumen rating of the original WR light strip though. Anyone have any idea which of the above strips would work better? I want it bright enough to notice but not bright enough to distract

1 - 9 of 9 Posts