Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here use a wind screen on their Solstice? My wife is going to buy me one as an anniversary gift, but we don't know anything about them. Plexiglass, polycabonate, and tempered glass plus height and location are questions that I really do not have any idea about. What do you use? and what would you change if you bought another one? Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
i made my own out of plexiglass for 15 bucks my gf loves it, before we used to ride with the top down and she would complain about the air messing up her hair, made a WR style one. put the windows up and its a world of difference, you can talk like normal people and a lot of less air in the cabin, im actually considering buy a WR one because the one i made was to thin less than 1/4 of an inch thick so it wobbles some times but it works fine, no more papers flying out of the cabin on the freeway :lol: and no more of that back draft coming in between the humps! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
I like the wind restrictor models

many threads in the forum have pictures.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Does anyone here use a wind screen on their Solstice? My wife is going to buy me one as an anniversary gift, but we don't know anything about them. Plexiglass, polycabonate, and tempered glass plus height and location are questions that I really do not have any idea about. What do you use? and what would you change if you bought another one? Thanks
go to windrestrictor.com
they have the best ones around
:thumbs:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got a clear Windrestrictor, no graphics, no lights, we are quite happy with it. I believe ours is the 2nd version, it mounts in the cabin right behind the seats. No interference with the top.

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
The only thing I might change would be to not have the wife involved in the decision. lol. Did the custom engraving and got the brake light kit like Godrod mentioned. It's the cat's ass. Besides adding a "touch" to your ride, it really does make a difference on the cabin turbulence.

And it looks sweet as hell at night.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
The only thing I might change would be to not have the wife involved in the decision. lol.
There's that wife thing again...:willy: I haven't made the move to getting one yet but from my extensive research I would definitely recommend WR version 2. It can be left on all the time and is possibly the most obvious personalization that anyone can do and still not be completely permanent.

I will also sneak around and design the graphic on mine and order it without the knowledge of my better half...:leaving::yesnod:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
All the Solstices in Canada have windscreens. Down here in the states we call them windshields :D . I miss my ex wife... next time I'll use a scope ;)

·
Registered
868 Posts
One of the best buys I've made is the Pennington WR. Lots of coments and works fine, I also have the version 2 never been off in 4 yrs.
Steve desinged mine for me, havent seen another like it. hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the Windrestrictor 2nd version basic. Bought it used right here on this forum LOVE IT!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sounds like windrestrictor has a number of satisfied solstice owners. Has anyone used the tempered glass version that kappa windscreen sells?

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
I tried a wind restrictor for a while, but quit using it because it only seemed to make a difference with the windows up, and I can't drive a convertible with the windows up. They do make a nice decoration if you like that, but I do not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wind Restrictor is the only one to get they will help with design if you want or have a lot of designs to pick from. Great people to work with. Bought mine at Canton National and they went out of there way to find one that worked for us and installed it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Made mine out of 1/4" lexan, Height is top of seats and arc follows headrests. Used velcro with self adhering tape. Easy to remove, but generally leave in on all year round, top up or down. Have about $20.00 invested plus time.

·
Registered
233 Posts
WR is a good company and I have had one. The heat wasn't kind to mine over the two years in Florida as I left it in all the time. Warped slightly and cracked edges over time. Again, WR is a really good company that cares for it's customers. Don't know if you would have the issues I did if you live up north or didn't leave it in all the time.

But I now have a Kappa tempered glass etched and lit. Have had it about a year and still pleased with it. No problems with it so far. The install is not quite the same, but very adequate and they are helpful too with questions. Stays in all the time.

Both are the kind that goes between the trunk and waterfall. Both companies were great to deal with. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Definitely a +1 for Windrestrictors. I haven't had time to install mine yet, but I recently purchased a Version 2, etched with the sol silouette, with a white led. I happen to be in the same town as the Penningtons, and dealt with Stephen and Charlotte in person. Stephen was a top notch guy, gave me a tour of their shop, and was more than patient in explaining all the different options to me. After meeting him, and even before having the opportunity to install mine, I can say that there is no way I would buy from anyone but them. I know what I'm doing on Saturday! It's install time...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm having a Wind Restrictor (V2) installed at the 2012 NASSM in Asheville with the brake module lighting. It will be our first upfit/mod since purchasing our Solstice about one year ago.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts