Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had plans to get the windows tinted. I went to the tint shop and he did the back window. Then he came back into the waiting area for me to show him how to put the top completely up. As I was doing that I tried to roll the windows up. The passanger side went up fine, but the drivers side would not go up. At first I was thinking maybe he sprayed water on the window and got down in it and messed it up. I finally decided to take it to the dealership.
Four hours later, it was just a wire that came loose from the switch. Went back to tint shop and finished the tint job.

480 miles and in the shop already.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Maybe the guy tinting your windows did something to loosen the wire.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the same thing at first, but he had just finished the rear window and hadn't even started the side ones. I think it probably came loose prior to arriving at the shop. The night before I was driving with the windows down and parked it in the garage with them down. So it probably happened going over a bump or something.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

sol1570 said:
Maybe the guy tinting your windows did something to loosen the wire.

I had the same thing happen and there is actually a Bulletin out on that.
Apparently there was a number of cars built where the connector to the master window switch was not pushed in hard enough and therefore did not seat.

After a short time driving it works it's way out and the windows quit entirely or they may partially work, like mine. I could put the passenger window down but not up.

20 minutes at the dealer fixed the problem.

I have been trying to start a thread on this topic to warn others but I have not figured how, your message came at the right time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my intentions. To see if it has happened to anyone else, and to let everyone else know incase it happens to them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No pixs yet. I need to wash and wax first. I would be embarassed to put some on here right now. I also ordered a 6" chrome antenna that I will be putting on when it arrives.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Glad to hear its an easy fix just in case it happens to me.
On the subject of the antenna, I installed the 6" black and
love the sleekness it gives the car. The original is just to high
and awkward looking. No problems with the reception either.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
hoff58 said:
I also ordered a 6" chrome antenna that I will be putting on when it arrives.
Not very appealing at first thought :skep: - but I'm really interested to see it :yesnod: with the bright work around the windshield and across the humps, a bright antenna might be just the trick

·
Registered
456 Posts
CanSol said:
So how do the tinted windows look? Any Pics??
CanSol,

Here's a pic of My Solstice with tint. Sorry no side shot yet.

Mysterious Vin# 1928 Loaded 4 My Pleasure

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks good! :thumbs:

Are those stock wheels?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JT72 said:
CanSol,

What's the percentage on that tint? I got my sides 35% and my back window 20%. The 35% is so light it was almost a waste of money!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's good to know about the window troubles in case we run into it too.

I plan on letting the sunshine in as much as possible so I'm forgoing a window tint. The top will be down unless it's raining. :D

·
Registered
456 Posts
I really don't know the percentage. I just told the guy to give me Limo all around. My buddy is LAPD so if i get any tickets he said he'll write them off for me. I also Love how cops drive by me slowly then throwing me tjumbs up. SWEET.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
JT72 said:
I really don't know the percentage. I just told the guy to give me Limo all around. My buddy is LAPD so if i get any tickets he said he'll write them off for me. I also Love how cops drive by me slowly then throwing me tjumbs up. SWEET.

LIMO! No wonder it's so dark!
I have a buddy that is a cop as well... but he refuses to take care of any tickets for me.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
JT72 said:
CanSol,

What % and where did you get those wheels?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
SlipSlider said:
What's the percentage on that tint? I got my sides 35% and my back window 20%. The 35% is so light it was almost a waste of money!
35 is the law in MD, 50 in VA

1 - 20 of 28 Posts