Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a side window (passenger or driver side) pinching the edge of the convertible top when you close the door? Mine just recently stated doing this on the passenger side. I am not sure why or how to make it stop? But it looks like over time it will cause wear on the edge binding of the top. If you have fixed yours, how did you do it?:willy:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Thank you Rob! Mine pinches on the passenger side and I've just dealt with it (either roll window down then back up, or shut the door with the
Top not latched down yet) ...I didn't
Realize it was a common problem!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I had the problem on the passengers side. I took into the dealer who fixed it under warranty. Don't know if they adjusted the window or the top.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I didn't correctly type that, when I said top latched, I
Meant the two back parts, if I shut the door before latching the back passenger side, it doesn't get caught...the driver side is fine no matter what

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine also pinched the top. Top fully latched, open passenger door and shut it with window up would pinch the top. Somewhere in this forum or Kappaperformance I found the top adjustment instructions. There is a nut/bolt directly behind the passenger seat you adjust with the top down. I did it with half turns and was able to put a bit more tension on the top to keep it away from the window. I think I did a total of one whole turn to make it good.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts