Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Solstice Base-Power Windows
Driver's side window has a gap when it is fully closed. I guess it is off track. Do the door panels come off to put the window on track? Anyone ever had this issue?

I have included the door because the fenders did suffer from the jacking crunch, but not at my hand. The window has been like this since I bought it in August 2012. Is the crushed fender what is doing it?

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
It looks to me like your window isn't all of the way up. If it went up further, that gap would diminish (not sure if it would go away).

·
Registered
433 Posts
OMW41--- I am taking note of the issue. If you're unable to resolve and decide to have it looked at by a dealer, please keep us posted. I hope this resolved quickly for you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fixed it. The window adjustment was simple thanks to the PDF provided by Toamto Soup.:yesnod:

Once I had the door panel off I went right to the front adjustment bolt/bracket. I think the bolt took a 1/2" wrench. It's circled in red.

I kept the rear bracket tight, but I loosened the front bracket bolt and grabbed the front part of the window and just pulled up. It was clear how much it needed to go up by looking at the weatherstrip and the angle of the window.

Here's what it looked like before

Here's what it looks like now.

Thanks again to everyone. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts