Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer emailed me with the info that once they receive the window sticker, the car is soon to follow. I assume he means that they receive the window sticker via mail (or other internal shipping method). He said they'd yet to receive a window sitcker for any of the Sol's they've ordered.

Can Small Dealer or Cadillac Cricket comment on this? Anyone else heard of this?

·
4,592 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is true, IOW, I've read that before.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
the will get emailed the invoice or at least a production document once it hits code 3800..then invoiced at 4150 is my understanding....they will then be mailed the actual documentation on the car that allows them to process the appropriate paperwork and make the sale......usually the paperwork is received shortly before the car actually arrives at the dealership..but hasnt always been the case with these cars......sometimes the papers have been showing up and the wait for the car continues......Im sure..CC or SD can add more on this....but this is my understanding of how it works with the docs....

·
Registered
819 Posts
I am sure your dealer is talking about the invoice, similar to the window sticker, that they will get before the car arrives. My dealer got this from the factory over a month ago. My car has been onl quality hold since it came off the line on 9/13. It finally shows shipped on 11/8. Should be here soon.

The best answer to your question is that the dealer will get an invoice for your car when it has come off the line, and with the quality issues having been worked out, the car should be shortly behind.

·
5,641 Posts
It is not uncommon to get a window sticker in the mail just before a car arrives. In fact we got one on Monday for an incomming GTO. The most common and preferred method is to attach them at the plant. While I haven't been keeping score on this issue, most of the photos I recall, posted here, show the sticker attached to the Solstices. I also do not recall any posts before this that mention it. So I can't come down one way or another on it.

But while on the topic, remember if you want an undamaged window sticker to save, make sure the dealership orders a duplicate before they report the car delivered. They do come off easy and usually in good shape, but just in case it is important, ask.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My dealer faxed me his copy of his invoice to give me the good news that the car was on its way the first week of October. Usually the invoice means the car is on its way but in the case of my car and several others in the ViN 1001-2000 range where the cars were held for quality control, the car has not been delivered even yet.

I think at this point if the dealer has been billed the car is indeed on its way.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Small Dealer said:
It is not uncommon to get a window sticker in the mail just before a car arrives. In fact we got one on Monday for an incomming GTO. The most common and preferred method is to attach them at the plant. While I haven't been keeping score on this issue, most of the photos I recall, posted here, show the sticker attached to the Solstices. I also do not recall any posts before this that mention it. So I can't come down one way or another on it.

But while on the topic, remember if you want an undamaged window sticker to save, make sure the dealership orders a duplicate before they report the car delivered. They do come off easy and usually in good shape, but just in case it is important, ask.
SD...my dealer emailed me today that he had received the window sticker..and this was after the electronic invoice he got after the car reached 3800....his comment was..he has the window sticker..now he just needs a car to put it on!!!!...perhaps he will soon

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Just for info. My dealer did not get the window sticker in the mail. It was affixed to the windshield of the car when it came off the truck yesterday.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
dengel said:
Just for info. My dealer did not get the window sticker in the mail. It was affixed to the windshield of the car when it came off the truck yesterday.
I would have thought there was a certain logic to the window sticker being stuck to the window of the car, hence the name.

But hey, there is no logic to a lot of what has happened with this car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My dealer recieved the invoice for #1306 on 10/5. Still no car, even after going away for 10 days......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts