Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great set of photos today(Sunday 7/23) from deepdawg in the thread "11 ready to be shipped" . (Thanks for making the trip and taking the pictures by the way)

Some additional work was done by hyzer putting togther a composite shot of "two window stickers" .

Well something didn't quite feel right to me on those pictures. Went back to one of the first off GM site picture groups, Power Pontiac's post of 6-9-05 in the thread "Solstices Spotted-Youngstown, Ohio" . Took a look at one of his pictures of a "Deep Solstice Window Sticker" .

And there it was. The Power Pontiac pictures show the sticker with Pontiac emblems in the upper left corner next to the Pontiac name and as the background on the Options side of the sticker. hyzer's thumbnail pair of deepdawg's picture show a different window sticker. It features a GM logo as background on the Option side and what also looks like a GM logo in the upper left. To be sure, drove to the dealership and the only 2006s we have are G6s, and their stickers match the Power Pontiac pictures, and our 2005s in stock.

In the past when there was to be a change in window stickers, we would receive a notice. So that makes me wonder if these new pictures are Solstices still headed for GM use or not for sale here but with prices on the window stickers.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Frustration continues, SD.

In St. Paul, MN, the G6 coupes are here...along with the GXP version...all 2006 models.

Are they going for Car of the Year with this Solstice or what??? They are obviously trying to make these cars perfect in every way.

I ran into an engineer for the Solstice group (Philly airport). He claims one of the reasons for the delays was that the hood and deck lid were too flimsy...flopping too much in the wind. So they had to engineer more strength into them. I hadn't heard this before.

What year was it that the entire Pontiac line-up got car of the year? 1966? Maybe Pontiac is trying again: 2006 Torrent/G6-coupe-convert-gxp-sedan/Solstice/Grand Prix GXP...all new in 2006.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Regarding the window stickers....its not uncommon for a dealership to get a window sticker in the mail from GM to replace the one on the car...right?

When i sold cars in college, prices would change so we would get new Window Stickers all the time.

Maybe to be "sly", GM is sending dealers W.S.'s in the mail. But, then again, this looks like they are shipping those Solstices right to GM. maybe for the final quality sign off.

This is taking so long! :brentil:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
RADRIV said:
They are obviously trying to make these cars perfect in every way.
I hope so... at least for MY car.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RADRIV said:
What year was it that the entire Pontiac line-up got car of the year? 1966? Maybe Pontiac is trying again: 2006 Torrent/G6-coupe-convert-gxp-sedan/Solstice/Grand Prix GXP...all new in 2006.
Both in 1959 (the first Wide-Tracks) and 1965 Pontiac Motor Division won the award. So right on with the 1966 guess.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Great set of photos today(Sunday 7/23) from deepdawg in the thread "11 ready to be shipped" . (Thanks for making the trip and taking the pictures by the way)

Some additional work was done by hyzer putting togther a composite shot of "two window stickers" .

Well something didn't quite feel right to me on those pictures. Went back to one of the first off GM site picture groups, Power Pontiac's post of 6-9-05 in the thread "Solstices Spotted-Youngstown, Ohio" . Took a look at one of his pictures of a "Deep Solstice Window Sticker" .

And there it was. The Power Pontiac pictures show the sticker with Pontiac emblems in the upper left corner next to the Pontiac name and as the background on the Options side of the sticker. hyzer's thumbnail pair of deepdawg's picture show a different window sticker. It features a GM logo as background on the Option side and what also looks like a GM logo in the upper left. To be sure, drove to the dealership and the only 2006s we have are G6s, and their stickers match the Power Pontiac pictures, and our 2005s in stock.

In the past when there was to be a change in window stickers, we would receive a notice. So that makes me wonder if these new pictures are Solstices still headed for GM use or not for sale here but with prices on the window stickers.
There is a Deep that DEFINITELY has a normal "maroney" window sticker. You can see the side for the options is normal as well. This is a production unit. Some of the others are not. I think this load is mixed.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with SD. I think the 11 cars pictured are going to be Press review cars.

SD how do your cars arrive? Do they normaly come with something like the white plastic to protect them during transit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts