Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With cars now starting to head out to the dealers, I wanted to post this reminder thread.

WINDOW STICKER

The Pontiac window sticker is made of two parts, the paper front portion that is seen, and a full adhesive portion that holds it to the window. The adhesive portion is larger then the printed front portion. Two full lenth stips are removed (top and bottom), to expose the adhesive to the glass and hold the sticker in place. It can be difficult to remove with out ripping. It may be more difficult mounted on the front windshield in the Solstice.

If you are interested in having the sticker removed with the least amount of damage, make sure you ask the dealer.

If you really want a mint sticker for the future auto show circuit or Barret-Jackson 2031, have the dealer order you a replacement sticker.

This must been done after the car is invoice (billed) to the dealer and before the dealer reports that car sold/delivered to Pontiac.

It is done through the GM Dealerworld site, and may not be available to the sales person. It is in an general office program for requesting reprints and copies. (And not in the drop down document type box, it is listed at the top menu line to click on)

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
If you really want a mint sticker for the future auto show circuit or Barret-Jackson 2031, have the dealer order you a replacement sticker.
:glol: :glol: :glol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's a wonderful reminder Small Dealer.
I still have the window sticker on the Eldorado and it's fun sometimes to pull it out and show others what the car cost then. For those that plan on keeping the car, they'll be glad they chose to save it.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was just thinking, did anyone try this?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Small Dealer said:
With cars now starting to head out to the dealers, I wanted to post this reminder thread.

WINDOW STICKER

The Pontiac window sticker is made of two parts, the paper front portion that is seen, and a full adhesive portion that holds it to the window. The adhesive portion is larger then the printed front portion. Two full lenth stips are removed (top and bottom), to expose the adhesive to the glass and hold the sticker in place. It can be difficult to remove with out ripping. It may be more difficult mounted on the front windshield in the Solstice.

If you are interested in having the sticker removed with the least amount of damage, make sure you ask the dealer.

This must been done after the car is invoice (billed) to the dealer and before the dealer reports that car sold/delivered to Pontiac.

It is done through the GM Dealerworld site, and may not be available to the sales person. It is in an general office program for requesting reprints and copies. (And not in the drop down document type box, it is listed at the top menu line to click on)
When my car came in dec 30 their was no sticker the dealer said it would be in about a week it did come in and it was in pefect condition, put it in my solstice collection

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
I asked my dealer to order a second sticker so that I had an original that was not torn up. The GM said that they would put the sticker in the car before delivery...the salesmanager told me that he would not put the sticker in the car, he would just make sure it was in my possession on delivery of the car. Mine is still in the mailing envelope from Pontiac...postmark and all. Salesmanager said that saved him from having to order a second and making sure I got it. GM didn't ask any questions when i picked up the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dave clancy said:
I am sure if you want one you could get it. In twenty years people will say that car was very cheap but as I write this this car is really a bargain
Not sure, SD said there was a very small window of opportunity to get it. If anyone knows how to get one after the fact PM me, thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just went up stairs to look at my first new car windows sticker. 1995 Camaro 6 Cylinder. All options except Bose and T-Tops. $18,668. My first new car. Then I looked at my 2005 G6 Windows Sticker $27,585, for Leather, panoramic Roof, and everything. Dang thats a jump in price. Of course my GTO stickerer for 33,000, but I paid 24,000 because I bought it used. I saw my first Solstice in person today. My local small town dealer got their first 1. I didn't sit in it, but its Red, Black top, Gray interior. Beautiful. Too bad I bought the GTO 6 months ago. I needed a car, and I couldn't wait for a Solstice. Oh well, maybe in 2009, I'll be ready for a Solstice, or a Camaro.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks for reminding me. I had a sticker with no information on it when my car was delivered Dec. 19. I asked for a sticker and my sales manager said he'd order a replacement. I called a few weeks later and was told it was delayed with the price changes or some such. I guess I need to call back tomorrow to remind them I want it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If it doesn't make them money and they have already delivered, constant reminders are usually needed!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Dealer never put my sticker on the car...he didn't have time. I was there to pick up the car an hour after I got called it arrived. He gave me mine in mint condition with envelope full of a ton of other Solstice Goodies and dealership coupons etc....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts