Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any sugestions as to where I can get an illuminted Windrestrictor installed in my Mean GXP, preferably in the Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Fergus area?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Order it and do it yourself. If you know anyone with electrical abilities, you'll be fine. Otherwise if nobody in your area can help you, order it and take it to the dealer. If you are mechanically and/or electrically inclined at all....you'll do just fine. I did mine. We soldered everything rather then using the "scotch" clips they include. Before you start though, there's a few steps that are vague, see my post:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/my-install-guide-wind-restrictor-74842/

You'll do just fine!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm with Ghost on this. It may seem a bit intimidating at first, but once you spend a little time looking over things it goes pretty easy.

Actually, I've found most of the things I've done on my Sol start out that way. You're reading other members' write ups, looking at diagrams, PDF's and pictures, and it seems like there's a lot going on. Once you get started, you just take your time and it usually goes pretty smooth.

It's like the oil change procedure. Went great first time around. Second time around I KNEW what I was doing. That's when I drop the socket and have to dig it out, back the filter off too far with the socket on it and can't get the socket off until I thread it back in, etc. etc. lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts