Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing a Solstice for the first time I noticed the substantial metal structure holding the windshield. I could not determine if the windshield frame was attached / welded to the frame, but it begs the question: Is the windshield frame on the Kappa a rollbar?

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I believe all cars are required to have a level of roll over protection if they're convertible. Which the windshield surround is the primary protection for most cars.

·
Registered
124 Posts
One of the reasons I am moving from the MR2 to the Solstice is the rollover I feel in the Spyder. The body, then the "naked" view were the first things that caught my attention.
Having watched a car tailgating me last year get t-boned and rolled gave me something serious to ponder.

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Chip said:
the roll hoop behind the seats. Thanks!

That ain't no roll hoop. On the actual car it's small rectangular tubing used to support the plastic behind the seats and attach parts of the top mechanism.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Is that the gas tank behind the rear bulkhead? (Behind the seats) I thought the gas tank was what protruded into the trunk and took up our space?
Yes the production tank ended up in middle of trunk under the hump (you can see the brackets in the pic). This frame pic was taken very early on and they had some type of temp tank behind seats, just enough gas to get in and out of car shows.

·
Registered
271 Posts
mceb said:
Yes the production tank ended up in middle of trunk under the hump (you can see the brackets in the pic). This frame pic was taken very early on and they had some type of temp tank behind seats, just enough gas to get in and out of car shows.
Man, you're pretty informed! I see why you have the Super Moderator status.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Soldstice 41505 said:
Man, you're pretty informed! I see why you have the Super Moderator status.
Trust me we had nothing to talk about for a year+ while waiting for this thing so come out so dissecting pictures was our life around here. Think we had a thousand posts on the gas tank and hump alone :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
mceb said:
Trust me we had nothing to talk about for a year+ while waiting for this thing so come out so dissecting pictures was our life around here. Think we had a thousand posts on the gas tank and hump alone :lol:
I remember those posts. It was a little CSI around here. At least we have the GTX coming up. Pontiac has got to keep everyone sharp. :)

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I've pulled some of the trim off the windshield frame to install a new mirror. I'm taking photos tomorrow to show the mirror installation. See the mirror thread tomorrow. There will be some photos showing the construction of the windshield frame.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.