Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked for some input on this problem before but, alas the condition persists. The problem is the wipers do not work when it is raining. In dry or damp conditions there are no problems. However, when I drive the car in heavy rain the wipers simply stop working. In moderate rains with wipers on intermittent, after a few minutes they simply stop. I then switch to the low speed setting and once again, they just stop. So far, I have been able to keep them going on the high speed setting. Switching back to low or intermittent from high, they stop. If I switch them off and then back on, starting with intermittent, I am back to square one.

Thanks Don, 2008 GXP manual.

·
Super Moderator
7,653 Posts
With what seems like most forum members claiming that their cars have never been wet, you might not find much of an experience base here.

Mine have both been driven in heavy rain and i have not had this problem, so I'm not really much help either.

My suspicion is that a connector on the wiper motor, or the inside of the motor itself, is getting wet. There are four wires that connect to the motor, two grounds, and lo speed and hi speed power. There is also a lo/hi speed relay in the Underhood Fuse Block that you should check, but it is better protected from water, so would not seem as likely to be a problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I have checked the relays. The connector to the motor sounds like a good bet. I will check it out next time we have heavy rain.
Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts