Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, last weekend I painted Lil Goats yellow, this weekend he helped me prep mine and I painted 5 coats of blue and 2 clear

Taped off windshield and disasembled a little bit behind seats and taped off the back of the car. Taped off the rims and then wet sanded everything with 400 grit. The rims were a complete pain in the but to paint due to all of the angles.

Car ready to paint

Tim had a great idea to cut carboard to fit inside rims from the underneath side to prevent overspray.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Oh yea did my airbox too

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Look

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Looks great!! Wish I was more local to hang out with you guys!!

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Looks really great Joe! :thumbs:

Maybe some RED in those center caps? I think that would look schweeettttt!

(even if goat did help :glol:)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts

Moms is right, Joe. :thumbs:

You are quite talented. I wish I were in your area so you could repair some scratches I got this summer! :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

(even if goat did help :glol:)
Thanks

I'm not quite sure how I could accent the center caps with red since they aren't the pontiac centers

·
Registered
803 Posts
I personally prefer the stock look, but you did great work with the paint job. The wheels look great. Nice ride!!!! :cool:

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Thanks

I'm not quite sure how I could accent the center caps with red since they aren't the pontiac centers
Post a close-up picture of them .... we'll give you some ideas! :D

edit:: Another idea - goggle for *center caps* and see what might fit in your wheels. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Thanks

I took the Kappasphere logo disk that went in the center cap (Was silver & black) and gave it a couple shots of a red transluscent, then a three coats of clear. Looks like they came that way!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Okay Joe .... paint the LETTERS (or at least *SPORT*) RED clear coat the entire cap then re-insert. That should be just enough REC to bring it out! :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aspenrose, I found this photo on ebay :lol: Wonder if it fits your wheels, paint the AR red ebay link

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I guess you know what I think Joe, somebody took some great pictures!:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Deepbluegxp is out cruising the mountains, but it can be done in 1 very long day. It is the masking that takes forever, the painting goes pretty quick. The car is actually easier to do than the wheels were.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I started masking about 8am on friday. Took about 2 breaks, started sanding about 2 pm, painting about 3:30 pm, finished painting about 6:30 pm. Lilgoat took most of the photos and helped mask and sand oh ya, supervised :lol:

Thanks again LilGoat.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts