Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a sin, but I'll be driving my baby in the winter (no choice as this will be my only car). Any one else going to be doing this? Are you planning to get the hard top in 2006? Will you add weight in the trunk for better traction? Just a thought.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mine will be my daily driver also. I live in the Tacoma, WA area and it will rain for at least 6 months. I even considered (only for a moment though) not cleaning my garage for a space for my new baby. My dealer called yesterday and told me it shipped. I told him that I really doubted that. He also said that it should be delivered by the 17th of Oct. Again, I told him I'll believe that when I see it. I'm just waiting with patient excitement. :cool:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I posted somewhere that I drive my vette all year and believe me you will have much more traction than a vette. Just check weather in morning don't take chances and have an alternate method or ride to work. You will find there are only about 10 max days a year you cannot drive.

PS I live in the country and still drive vette almost every day.

This way you can enjoy your car all year and on those nice sunny winter days put on a touque roof down and pssss off all the other drivers LAFFF

Just a note I used to drive my truck with windows up air on full and my winter coat in August traffic just for a laugh.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I will be driving my Solstice every day except on the worst snow conditions. On those days I'll drive my S10. I did the same thing with my Miata and didn't have any problems. I did have to put on four snow tires on my Miata though. I'm not looking forward to buying four snows for the Sol. Ouch!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm going to try to drive the Solstice all year. Only the rain will stop me, I live 1 mile down a dirt road. I just picked up mine this morning. OMG. It handles great!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I live in Minnesota and I'm going to drive it every day the roads are dry...can I join your club??? I'm counting on most storing theirs and treating them like precious moments figurines. That way when mine is worn out I can sell it to a young kid cheap and by a 'new 06' to start the process all over! :devil:

I figure every minute I have waited for this car has taken one minute off of my life, I hope by driving it every minute I will add two minutes back!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
I'm going to try to drive the Solstice all year. Only the rain will stop me, I live 1 mile down a dirt road. I just picked up mine this morning. OMG. It handles great!
You have to pave that road. No way you should drive your Sosltice on dirt, it's so uncivilized. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Pterosaur said:
I live in Minnesota and I'm going to drive it every day the roads are dry...can I join your club??? I'm counting on most storing theirs and treating them like precious moments figurines. That way when mine is worn out I can sell it to a young kid cheap and by a 'new 06' to start the process all over! :devil:

I figure every minute I have waited for this car has taken one minute off of my life, I hope by driving it every minute I will add two minutes back!
I have purchased a set of winter rims for the 330Ci. But I am probably not going to drive on fresh snow days. Too many fender benders for my liking.

You might be in perfect control of your car. It is the 5000 pound SUV sliding through the intersection that you have to worry about. I think the entire population is replaced every summer, 'cause you'd swear nobody had seen snow before the first storm of the year. Living in a diplomatic town, there is some truth to that.

The worst are the SUVs, they think because they have more traction its OK to drive fast, forgetting about the stopping part or cornering for that matter.

So I will venture out this winter, but I am going to pick my days.:thumbs:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I plan on driving my Sol year round. It had better do good in snow or I'll be pretty upset. (And the next buyer will be very happy)
Keeping my fingers crossed,
Jack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts