Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The astronomical summer solstice is June 21st, during the Nationals. The winter solstice is December 21st, very close to the traditional holidays, so...

This is to notify one and all Kappa owners and aficionados of the seventh annual Winter Solstice and Sky Celebration.

Where:

Baker's (same as last year)
2025 S. Milford Road
Milford, MI 48381
248-685-0505

When:

Sunday, January 8, 2016 1:00 PM

Not a ride, just a get together for food, drink, swapping Kappa stories and planning for warmer days to come. Bring your daily driver (and if your daily driver is a Kappa, that will work!)

Order from the menu...Individual billing.

A final note -- this IS Michigan and it IS winter, so the weather is an unknown. If the weather gets nasty, I will try and post a cancellation notice here on the forum no later than 11 AM on Sunday morning (and re-schedule).

Hope to see you there!

Radio Doc and Nancy :party:

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
See everyone there. Should have schedule for 2017 season decided. Good food and good conversation. Come help us plan. WickedMike

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
When you have a schedule finalized for 2017 I would love to see it. As of June 1,2017 the wife and I live in Windsor. Hopefully you don't mind a Canuck joining up?

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
I'd love to join you for this, but there is this small obstruction in the way, Lake Michigan, and the ferries don't run in winter. But there is a possibility we could combine your event with another project I have in mind.

Later.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
325 Posts
It seems to be a tradition at out house, I bought my wife a 2009 G8GT on the winter Solstice in 2010, and I bought my Solstice just before the winter Solstice 6 years later. In our house it is Pontiac's for the winter Solstice!

We have not been to Bakers in about a year, so we will try and make it, sounds like fun and I can put a few Faces to screen names!

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
We post all the MKC events on this site and also the Sky forum. You can also check our wedsite for postings, Michigankappaclub.ning.com.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you have a schedule finalized for 2017 I would love to see it. As of June 1,2017 the wife and I live in Windsor. Hopefully you don't mind a Canuck joining up?
We'll be very glad to have you and your wife join us. Every year we have had several of our neighbors from the south (Windsor) join us for various rides and activities.

Radio Doc (whose mother was born in Ottawa)

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
I'd love to join you for this, but there is this small obstruction in the way, Lake Michigan, and the ferries don't run in winter. But there is a possibility we could combine your event with another project I have in mind.

Later.

You'd think they would just daisy-chain the ferries before the lake ices over, creating a temporary highway.

Lazy ferry drivers. Sheesh - kids have no initiative these days.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
We'll be very glad to have you and your wife join us. Every year we have had several of our neighbors from the south (Windsor) join us for various rides and activities.

Radio Doc (whose mother was born in Ottawa)
Fantastic. Look forward to meeting everyone!:thumbs::thumbs:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
You'd think they would just daisy-chain the ferries before the lake ices over, creating a temporary highway.

Lazy ferry drivers. Sheesh - kids have no initiative these days.
Heck, the lake is only 83 miles wide from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI. If you get going fast enough you could just skip across that far . . . :D

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Heck, the lake is only 83 miles wide from Milwaukee, WI to Muskegon, MI. If you get going fast enough you could just skip across that far . . . :D
I'm suddenly having a cannonball run flashback. Something with a Countache...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a friendly reminder for your social calendar. The 7th annual Winter Solstice and Sky get together is this Sunday, January 8th, details below...

The astronomical summer solstice is June 21st, during the Nationals. The winter solstice is December 21st, very close to the traditional holidays, so...

This is to notify one and all Kappa owners and aficionados of the seventh annual Winter Solstice and Sky Celebration.

Where:

Baker's (same as last year)
2025 S. Milford Road
Milford, MI 48381
248-685-0505

When:

Sunday, January 8, 2017 1:00 PM

Not a ride, just a get together for food, drink, swapping Kappa stories and planning for warmer days to come. Bring your daily driver (and if your daily driver is a Kappa, that will work!)

Order from the menu...Individual billing.

A final note -- this IS Michigan and it IS winter, so the weather is an unknown. If the weather gets nasty, I will try and post a cancellation notice here on the forum no later than 11 AM on Sunday morning (and re-schedule).

Hope to see you there!

Radio Doc and Nancy :party:

·
Registered
3,745 Posts

You mean like this?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Doc,

I just found out I have to work Sunday morning up in the GM Flint Engine Plant, but I should be done by 2:00pm at the latest and should be able to drop in without the Mrs aftet work

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,200 Posts
Hey there MKC'ers, while I'd like to join y'all this coming weekend, it doesn't look like I'll be able to get there conveniently. Enjoy your Baker's get together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts