Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen wired wheels like the 1960's MG MGA on a Solstice? Does anyone make them? If you have pictures would you mind posting? Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Back when I first bought my car 9 years ago I looked into this I wanted a set to match a TR6 that I owned the problem was the bolt pattern and the offset .I contacted Dayton Wire Wheel the best for this type and they were not interested in making up a one off custom set . Maybe there is someone out there that can accommodate you but I have to believe that the cost would be astronomical .

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Meh. Get some hub adapters.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
It's a nice look. My head would explode trying to keep them clean . . .
Its not as hard as you think, I had them on my MGB. I don't think that they tend to show as much dirt, and a few minutes with a pressure washer and a brush is all you need.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I love the look of the wire wheels & would put them on the solstice in a heart beat. To me it would give it a classy look. My old scoot has laced wheels & many didn't know how to tighten up the spokes correctly on it .I don't know if that applies to wire wheels on the cars. I used to clean the wheels on the bike by hand but the rear wheel would be a back breaker today by hand. I'm wondering if some one with computer skills could post a pic of a solstice with wired wheels using the new technology .

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
I love the look of the wired wheels & would put them on the solstice in a heart beat. To me it would give it a classy look. My old scoot has laced wheels & many didn't know how to tighten up the spokes correctly on it .I don't know if that applies to wired wheels on the cars. I used to clean the wheels on the bike by hand but the rear wheel would be a back breaker today by hand. I'm wondering if some one with computer skills could post a pic of a solstice with wired wheels using the new technology .
Pssst. See Saveaux's post (#8) above and click on the link. Scroll down to pic #8 on that thread.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
If one was going to purchase wire wheels for his solstice what would one need to know or be aware of & what brands to go with? I'm looking for pros & cons to doing it .Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
If one was going to purchase wire wheels for his solstice what would one need to know or be aware of & what brands to go with? I'm looking for pros & cons to doing it .Thanks.
How big is your wallet ? I posted above that when I did my search I went to Dayton Wire Wheel Company and they were not interested because it would be a one off set of rims, the biggest problem is the bolt pattern and rim off set . I have to believe that if you went with an adapter plate and other type rim the wheel would stick out and another issue would be clearing the caliper .

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
I would start with a Google search for wire wheels, wire wheel brands, and/or wire wheel reviews.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts