Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish pontiac would make the colors that are available for the 2005 GTO available for the Solstice, especially the 2 blue colors and the yellow. The black looks nice too.

·
Registered
905 Posts
SlySol said:
Don't forget to ask Santa this year. I'm going to ask for a trunk. :lol:
I'm just asking for my car to arrive before the snow :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
:agree: arrive as ordered WITH LEATHER!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anybody know how to take the colors of the GTO and show what the Solstice would look like with those colors or is it even possible to do that?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Give me more gauges in the turbocharged Solstice. And heated seats for those 35-degree winter mornings. And the removable hardtop that we keep hearing rumors of. And a 6-speed. And make me 30 pounds lighter while you're at it. ;)

Yellow doesn't do anything for me, personally, but I wouldn't mind more color choices. White? Who the heck is going to order white?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Short of getting a custom paint job, ordering Pure gives the best chance of being apart from the crowd (at least according to our own poll, which puts Pure at the bottom of the list with less than 5%).

As for yellow, I'm for it 100% (It may have been my first choice if available).

Personally, I like white vehicles (my truck is white) - although I ordered Sly (and wish I had ordered Aggressive :( )

·
Registered
281 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
...White? Who the heck is going to order white?
I can visualize a white Solstice with a red interior and red top. I bet it would look pretty classy. No, really! Kinda evocative of the 1st gen Corvette...

·
Registered
936 Posts
The Batman said:
I can visualize a white Solstice with a red interior and red top. I bet it would look pretty classy. No, really! Kinda evocative of the 1st gen Corvette...
I agree I am tired of the automakers only giving the customer gray, tan, or black for interiors. What ever happened to actual colors for the interior. I love the classic look of red interior with white exterior.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I hope I didn't offend anybody with my comments on the white color offering....

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a Deep Purple, something as dark as the blue, but purple. With a green interior. :) OK, scratch the green interior, but a rich, dark purple could be pretty cool.

I agree that the interior choices are a little boring. Sorry, Vickie.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yea, like my '77 Matador - orange w/ white leather interior....classy
:glol:

what the funkenwagnalls were they thinking :willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a Deep Purple, something as dark as the blue, but purple. With a green interior. :) OK, scratch the green interior, but a rich, dark purple could be pretty cool.

I have a purple Sunfire, it looks black at night and during the day it's sorta metallic dark purple. I would have gotten my Solstice in that color too.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:

How about this?

There was a member quite awhile ago (Piippor, I think) that photochopped custom colors for members. I'm sure a search would pull up the thread. I asked for Mazda's "Starlight" (from the '96 M-edition Miata) with a purple pearl base and purple pearl-dusted stripes. I was pretty much joking, but I think it came out fan-f'ing-tastic!

Attachments

·
5,641 Posts
brentil said:
Great work!

Hood scooped one looks very very natural. Also the striped ones look at home. Although the stripe must go below the grilles, looking at the two black cars with the front shots. And looking a the rear shots, the edging stripe, in black/orange, is a keeper. If offered, use the two white stripes, and edge with a black/primary body color set.

Oh, I can't wait to deliver the first "Mary Kay" version. :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts