Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
Winter has set in, lots of snow and the cold has followed. I am wondering if there is interest in doing a mid-winter run to Cimaroli's for the world's best flat iron steaks! Does February sound like a good time and is there a weekend that more folks prefer? The rates at Sunset Bay are about $65 for parking lot views and $78 for lakefront views--maybe they have a skating rink on the lake :cool:! We might even be able to build a bonfire :thumbs:! If there is enough interest, I would pursue a price break.
Solstices and Skys would be optional :lol:!
Post your thoughts and let's see if we can have some winter fun!

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Any weekend in Feb, it's be cc--oo--ll--dd, that's our coldest month, usually, but I'm all in!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,457 Posts
If people from Wisconson that drive Solstices are called Wisols, what are people from Arizona that drive Solstices called?

And those from Alaska ?
American Samoa ?
I don't know, do you have some suggestions in mind? :rofl:

Any time in February is OK, after all, nothing else is going to be happening, other than c-o-l-d.

·
Administrator
9,251 Posts
If people from Wisconson that drive Solstices are called Wisols, what are people from Arizona that drive Solstices called?

And those from Alaska ?
American Samoa ?
Hmmmm ... somehow this conversation seems very familiar :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A List with dates:
Sunfun--any weekend
Aspenrose--any weekend
GBSLYSOL--Feb 12 or 26
Dave OC--any weekend
As soon as we pick a weekend, we will start working on the weather gods re a snow free, warmer weekend!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
We are talking The Dells for this right? Feb, is a little dicey right now cause I need to throw myself my annual birthday party around the 17th. I have a work trip scheduled around Feb. 7th ish so that may pose a dog boarding issue although...doesn't Baker's take dogs? I could bring the pups, if they allow 2 and big dogs!

And, the 25th is the only Friday I don't bowl, but I could find a sub. Pick a weekend and I'll see what I can do! :lol:

*edit - Bakers does take pets! $10/pet/day. Cheaper than paying $16/pet/day for 3 days of boarding! Sweet!

·
Administrator
9,251 Posts
A List with dates:
Sunfun--any weekend
Aspenrose--any weekend
GBSLYSOL--Feb 12 or 26
Dave OC--any weekend
As soon as we pick a weekend, we will start working on the weather gods re a snow free, warmer weekend!
I'm a 'tentative' due to work schedule and finances for either weekend. Although missing a Flatiron would really stink!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
let me check with rick and see what he thinks, i know the only weekend that is not good for me is usually the last weekend of the month (Feb) we have a local home show that our work participates in. other then that we should have the whole month open.

·
Registered
468 Posts
:drool:I can almost taste the butter, garlic, and butter.:drool:

:drool:I might have to make a drive up there on Saturday night!!!:drool:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think we have a bit of input and I am thinking we should do this on February 12, 2011. If I don't hear any objections, then we have a plan, barring blizzards, cold snaps and the other normal winter stuff!
If this weekend is the worst--post up a better one!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I think we have a bit of input and I am thinking we should do this on February 12, 2011. If I don't hear any objections, then we have a plan, barring blizzards, cold snaps and the other normal winter stuff!
If this weekend is the worst--post up a better one!
Sounds good to us. Do we just call bakers for rooms or are you setting it up. :thumbs: let us know

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
I'd say count us in but it's before April 15th and the boss won't let me leave my desk

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taxlaw--two things--fire the boss (or bring him with!) and all work and no play is not god for you at all :lol:!

Details:
Date: February 12, 2011
A block of 10 rooms has been set up at Baker's Sunset Bay Resort under the name of the Solstice Group. The rate is $68 per night per room for two queens-fridge and microwave--same arrangements as during the summer. Phone is 1-800-435-6515

Dinner time to be determined, but I am thinking around 6-ish.

I can almost taste that flat iron :thumbs:!

·
Registered
676 Posts
not sure if we will be able to make it the weekend of the 12th as we will be out of town for each of the 3 weekends prior---but who knows---we might just get an itch for a road trip. Keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
room booked
date marked on calender
put in request for a nice weekend.

:willy::willy::willy: will be like this til then

·
Registered
772 Posts
Will be coming back from Mexico on the 10th andf God willing i dont have montezumas revenge,we may make it.Are you looking at Cimarolis for Sat night?

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Will be coming back from Mexico on the 10th andf God willing i dont have montezumas revenge,we may make it.Are you looking at Cimarolis for Sat night?
bones!! yes, dinner to wipe out all forms of montezumas on Sat nite!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bones!! yes, dinner to wipe out all forms of montezumas on Sat nite!
Agree with Mel--leave the montezumas in Mexico and join the gang on Saturday!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.