Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All I can say is, I'm really glad I'm getting older and have the wisdom and patience that comes with it. I like the Solstice, but it is only a car. Even if you can't have one when you want one, it is not like losing a baby or seeing your Dad have a stroke or being laid off.

Listening to the complaints of those who just can't wait to get their new car, I really feel for all of you. I remember being young and going through that kind of anxiousness, as if it was the most important thing in the world. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I guess I am thankful I've had enough other problems in my lifetime that having to wait 6 months or even a year for my dream car is really the least of my worries.

Don't forget how many poor people there are out there who will never be able to own a brand new car, let alone an impractical sports car.

I really like the Solstice. It is going to be a great car. I'm going to own one. I am going to enjoy it. It gets here when it gets here.

Thank goodness for the wisdom of age. It makes my life a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
jimbo said:
All I can say is, I'm really glad I'm getting older and have the wisdom and patience that comes with it. I like the Solstice, but it is only a car. Even if you can't have one when you want one, it is not like losing a baby or seeing your Dad have a stroke or being laid off.

Listening to the complaints of those who just can't wait to get their new car, I really feel for all of you. I remember being young and going through that kind of anxiousness, as if it was the most important thing in the world. I never thought I'd ever say this, but I guess I am thankful I've had enough other problems in my lifetime that having to wait 6 months or even a year for my dream car is really the least of my worries.

Don't forget how many poor people there are out there who will never be able to own a brand new car, let alone an impractical sports car.

I really like the Solstice. It is going to be a great car. I'm going to own one. I am going to enjoy it. It gets here when it gets here.

Very well put Jimbo, people sure need to put things in prospective, but when your young............we have all been there at one time or another, and things will get back to normal in a few days or a couple of weeks.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am probably not experienced enough to really see things as you do, but what you said makes a lot of sense and should be taken to heart. There is certainly a lot of worse things in the world that could happen then missing out on a first EOP.

I certainly can understand the disappointment too. We have a lot of people who are very passionate about this car, and it is a big letdown not to get one when you have been hoping for one for so long. However, life will go on, and everyone will eventually end up with a car! So at least there is still a happy ending out there for everyone, even if it will take a little time to get there.

·
Registered
270 Posts
For me, when I get the car, I get it. I'm okay with that. But your post Jimbo reminded me of an event that happened here at a concours here. I was the driver for a friend's '55' Thunderbird which, by the way, I hate. People love them, I do not. Anyway, I got the car set up, and there was a fairly young guy hanging around after the car asking after it, obviously in lust after it. He didn't seem to be 'well off' but he really loved that car. It made me feel bad. Anyway, long story made somewhat more short, I let him sit in it, start it, and drive with me to collect it's ribbon when it won in it's class. I guess what I'm saying is, I just hope those that get the car, truly love the car, and while they may not be in the initial pool of possible buyers, it'll happen. It all works out in the end. And by the way ff88, I say a beautiful Fiero today and thought of you, it was a handsome car. Made me remember when I almost got one and I had to laugh.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish I could feel that way. One of my aspirations in life is to own a Corvette someday, moreso a Z06. Brand new....

I grew up with those cars, my Dad used to have one, then he had 3 kids. It's just been something that is a status symbol, and something with so much heritage behind it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
jimbo said:

Dude, you got that right.
I have been their, and not getting an "EOP" realy dont mean squat does it?
For the people that realy want an "EOP" Solstice, they will be for sell soon, but for people that want a loved one "back to normal", you just cant buy that on Ebay.

I am not all that old but I do understand.
Rick

·
Registered
270 Posts
Josh, believe me it was not my intent to come across as callous or elitest. In my effort to shorten the story I neglected to include that the young reminded me of myself at that age. I come from exceedingly humble beginnings. I felt bad because as others have mentioned, sometimes we forget that those things we covet and attain such toys or job position don't handle a candle to those we care for. Friends and family are the richest rewards for a life well led. As I said, it was not my intent to offend. I apologize.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts