Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all-
I've been searching the posts for advice on the dash kits. Lots of info here.I've read nearly all the reviews of who to deal with and those to avoid. Could anyone give me an update on how your kit is holding up? Just when I'm ready to order a 13 pc kit from one vendor, I read of ill fitting pieces, poor support etc, then I go to another. I think mentioning particular vendors here are verboten,so maybe someone could pm me with pros/cons concerning vendors and quality for the money. [email protected]!
John

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
I have one that I put on when I first bought the car in 2010 like the way it looks and fits and so far everything is holding up well it's made by a company B&I .If you are interested I have a spare that I bought so I could compare the two I was interested in and I am willing to give a forum member a deal it's new still in the package PM me if you are interested .Their email address is www.bittrim.com so you can see their products.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has been discussed thoroughly but I have a question for individuals with these kits. Despite searching, I can't find a definite answer:

Some of these kits do not cover the area around the shifter completely while other do. It is important to me that I buy a kit that covers this are completely. Which kits do this? It seems that the kits on Carid Do Not, while the kits on Dash Kit Specialties do? Can someone who knows, assist?

Thanks, Pat

·
Registered
901 Posts
Could someone post a pic of their interior if you have a wood dash kit. I can't imagine any wood looking good in the solstice. Of course I'm not a fan of wood at all in any vehicle. Maybe this could change my mind. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread on a subject that has been discussed thoroughly but I have a question for individuals with these kits. Despite searching, I can't find a definite answer:

Some of these kits do not cover the area around the shifter completely while other do. It is important to me that I buy a kit that covers this are completely. Which kits do this? It seems that the kits on Carid Do Not, while the kits on Dash Kit Specialties do? Can someone who knows, assist?

Thanks, Pat
CARid does have a piece that covers the entire shifter base. This is important to me also, as well as real wood. You need to select the full 40 piece set for 07 and up. Also American Truck and Car Accessories has these features as well, again with the full 40 piece kit. Here are the links:

Dash Kits | Dash Trim | Wood Dash Kit | Wood Dash Trim Kits | Flat Dash Kit

CARiD.com - Car Accessories & Parts

:thumbs:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks for the link TomatoSoup. I was correct, those wood grain interiors looked awful. Reminds me of the crap they put in the 80's. The carbon fiber wasn't bad as were a few other custom interiors.

·
Registered
80 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,482 Posts

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I've never been convinced that sticking on Mactac fake wood on your dash really elevates the cars, and when there are so many kits with issues - poor fitting, peeling off, or conversely can't get them off if you decide it was a bad move, I have never opted to go this way.

If you really want to do it, you are going about it the right way by asking which kits work and which suck.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
I swear I ran across a Solstice pic online that had a dash kit with matching door sills.

I like some of the dash kits I've seen on here, other than springing ($$$) for a complete custom interior there's not many options to give the interior an upgraded appearance.

·
Registered
7,909 Posts
I swear I ran across a Solstice pic online that had a dash kit with matching door sills.
Was that even visible except when you open the doors?

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
One pic showed the door open, it looked like simulated CF with the SOLSTICE name inset into the door sills. At first I thought it the King Penn lighted version, but it sure look like the door sills matched the simulated CF dash kit pattern. If I run across it again I'll post it here.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
I have a real CF dash kit that I bought from a forum member but never installed. It came with pieces to go on the sills, with the word SOLSTICE stamped out.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.