Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Location: Bloomfield Hills, Michigan Woodward DreamCruise Kappa Cruise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's getting to be that time again! The 7th annual Woodward Kappa Cruise will be on Thursday, August 16. Meet and greet from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the Kingswood parking lot at Cranbrook, 39221 Woodward in Bloomfield Hills. We had 38 cars last year. At 7:00 we wil go out on Woodward for our cruise (more like a crawl) to to the parking lot just south of 11 mile. Spread the word!

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
Hey Tuffy! Glad we are doing this for the 7th YEAR!!!! I posted an event on facebook for those who may be over there but not here.....Looking forward to seeing you and Ellen..

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Tuff, hoping to make it. May even do a cruise earlier in the week. BTW, been any talk of an official Saturday Kappa parking place?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tuff, hoping to make it. May even do a cruise earlier in the week. BTW, been any talk of an official Saturday Kappa parking place?
Nothing official for saturday yet. Armbruster, Simkow, and I were talking about grabbing the same lot we have gotten for the last few years (old Huntington Motors) for everyone, but it sounds like it it being reopened as a new establishment so it may not be available.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
It will be good to have you here! It's always a nice time....

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Looking forward to attending my first Woodward Dream Cruise. Hoping to have my car back from Dave in the next week or so.
Be ready to be amazed (and burnt out), Woodward turns into a virtual parking lot on the official Dream Cruise Day (3rd Saturday of August & why most folks pay $$$$ to park & watch the rolling circus). The real cruising is done on the evenings up to the official day. Official cruise lanes are the right two lanes (each way) but since it is a public street some could care less because those are the best lanes to see the show cars that just parked along Woodward to watch the cruisers.

Good idea to have a GPS because different city police are know to shut/reroute traffic around the various cities that the 16 miles of Woodward goes through during the week and day of the event.

And bring umbrella/chairs/sunscreen/hydration, because this is MI and liquid sunshine isn't considered rain.

The 16 mile cruisin loop goes from Ferndale (the south end) to Pontiac (the north end).

Pontiac's Buss US24/I75 is also referred to as the loop, and right around Pike Street is where the Pontiac Widetrackers Club sometimes park & congregate because it's an undeveloped grassy area and takes you back south and turns back into Woodward.

How its ended up being called the Detroit Dream Cruise is anyone guess because no one actually wants to cruise into the city of Detroit. :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mr.& Mrs. OZ40 will be there on Thursday. I'm not sure of parking spots on cruise day, usually Riley handles that. I won a parking spot in the park and two VIP seats in the stands on 13 & Woodard for cruise day at a car show so I probably won't get a Solstice spot this year. We'll be out there in the 1960 LeSabre on cruise day. :cool:

I invited a couple with a Camaro green Sky to come up to Cranbrook. I met them at a car show and they had no idea this forum existed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'll be there with my buddy Chris and his sky redline

1 - 11 of 11 Posts