Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided to put down an order today. I can't afford a new payment until next spring, and had held out hope that the long wait would be better by then, but I now admit defeat.

When this car gets on the street in any kind of numbers, it's going to get crazy. I wouldn't be surprised to see 14 month waits.

As it is, GTOJ's dealership took my order for an 'excelsior' special today, deep/2-tone, and there are 48 orders ahead of me. I tried a few other dealerships, but got tired of 'We've got one coming in 4 weeks, and we're only asking 29,000 for it!'

They only sell at msrp there, but the bad news is they only got 8 in their initial allocation. So I'll probably be lucky to even get an 06.

Oh well, the long wait begins. :willy:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Why not surf the Internet and try to find a shorter line? Just curious ... unless you like the long and painfull wait. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MSG_McKee said:
Why not surf the Internet and try to find a shorter line? Just curious ... unless you like the long and painfull wait. ;) :lol:
Yea, I'll do some looking around. Unfortunately, most of the dealers I've talked to so far are yahoo's trying to gouge.

If I come across someone with some 2nd allocation left, I can switch dealers and get my deposit back, up until the point GM accepts the order. I don't see the order being accepted until probably February.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Good luck and happy hunting. ;) Everyone says it is worth the wait, but I hope you can fid one quicker than #49. :willy: I hope the dealers start to get on line with MSRP. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Welcome back MSG_McKee, I see you had a safe trip.
AztekzPurty, I would definetly keep looking, there are people backing out so you will never know.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts