Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I phoned the Pontiac number this morning, and they told me that my Solstice is scheduled for production the week of Oct 17th. The guy didn't write down the event codes, but that is fine, I have a request into CadillacCricket to see if he can get them for me.

Judging by other deliveries, I guess I can look for my car sometime mid to late November. Hopefully it arrives before Thanksgiving so that I can take advantage of the four day weekend. :cool:

Tucson has historically had beautiful weather through November.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
I phoned the Pontiac number this morning, and they told me that my Solstice is scheduled for production the week of Oct 17th. The guy didn't write down the event codes, but that is fine, I have a request into CadillacCricket to see if he can get them for me.
Is your signature correct? You are number 9 out of 10 for the first four month allocation? And you have a production date of October?

I am starting to get really worried that GM has decided to totally blow off all the Northern orders until Spring and only build cars destined for Southern states!

GM, if you are listening, that is not a good idea! You don't want to piss off whole sections of the country. I think your customers expect to be treated equally, regardless of latitude. I know I do!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dropped my deposit down on April 30th. I am indeed #9 of 10 in the first allocation. Based on how my dealer has been getting cars built, I intially estimated that it would be sometime late September, early October when my car would be built.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
meallen1220 said:
What area did you ask for? its a little confusing on what to do.
Just keep going through the menus until the give you the chance to talk to an actual person. ;)

"If its none of these choices, press some number."

·
Premium Member
8,264 Posts
yabba dabba doo

This # really works

The guy told me I'm actually slotted T*H*I*S* W*E*E*K

Cricket...I know i've asked you before...is the paperwork slow?
when I checked with you last week you said I was still at 3000
and although this guy could not tell me what staging I was now at...he did say that the production information he gave me was SPECIFIC to my VOMS

so I'm thinking that the update in GM database may be slow.

At any rate I gotta believe this guy (???? am I a fool???)

If if builds this week I'll get October delivery for sure

a pilgrimage to Stonehenge and a small animal scrifice may be in order

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
My feeling is that once the 1,000 are out, it will be full steam ahead for the rest of us. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, and I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
My feeling is that once the 1,000 are out, it will be full steam ahead for the rest of us. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, and I do believe in fairies, I do, I do.
Well, I don't. And there isn't an Easter Bunny either. :(

I just heard from Cricket and spoke again to Pontiac Customer Service, I'm still at code 3000. I'm supposed to be a Zero Zip order, yet I am seeing regular allocation orders getting VINs, TPWs, etc, while my order goes nowhere.

Obviously, being a Zero Zipper means ZIP! :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dengel said:
Well, I don't. And there isn't an Easter Bunny either. :(

I just heard from Cricket and spoke again to Pontiac Customer Service, I'm still at code 3000. I'm supposed to be a Zero Zip order, yet I am seeing regular allocation orders getting VINs, TPWs, etc, while my order goes nowhere.

Obviously, being a Zero Zipper means ZIP! :willy:
I'm sorry dengel, this situation just sucks. It would have been nice if GM had made it clear to all the ZZ/FM people exactly what this meant. If they had said from the start "you'll get it when your dealer would have gotten their normal allocation" then this wouldn't be an issue. But I was under the impression, as were a lot of other people it seems that ZZ/FM were supposed to come after the EOP and before normal 4 month.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My apologies for causing a ruckus. I cannot remember which options I pressed to get to a body, I believe it was 4 on the first menu and then 3 on the next one, but I am not 100% certain of that. I do hope all the ZZ/FM orders get built soon, so they can concentrate on cranking out first allocation cars.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
BadAzSolstice said:
My apologies for causing a ruckus. I cannot remember which options I pressed to get to a body, I believe it was 4 on the first menu and then 3 on the next one, but I am not 100% certain of that. I do hope all the ZZ/FM orders get built soon, so they can concentrate on cranking out first allocation cars.
Actually, it looks like most of the ZZ/FM orders are moving right along. Just not mine. I think I'll make a stop at the dealership this afternoon, and will hopefully find out something one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
8,264 Posts
4 then 3 is correct

it worked for me...got a real person too !!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well I tried calling. Unfortunately they had no information for me at this time other than my order was picked up and "in the queue some place".

I will say this though, the gentleman who answered was extremely pleasent, polite and professional. Pontiac, I'm very impressed with your CSR's.

Oh, they did ask me for my name, address and phone number. He also gave me a case # and said when I called back I could just give them that number and they could look it up faster (I gave him my VOMS number to start). He said "call back as often as you want." :lol: Not that I think it would get the car produced any faster! Maybe they'll send me some more pamphlets with photos. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the number! Nice talking to a real person, even though no production date is listed it's at least nice to know that the order number is there.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
deluke said:
Pontiac support is going to hate me cuz I gave out the phone number. Oh well.
Some of the phone #'s are on pontiac.com that we're using. The following for sure is public "Inside the U.S.: 1-800-762-2737" right off the "Contact Us" part of pontiac.com.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.