Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Wow. They are sweet. He is installing a set on my Coupe at the Nationals.:party:

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I think you guys are going to like them a lot, I still like my Aftershock ones. Also, Norm answered a Facebook question asking if he thought if Racemesh grills could be trimmed to fit, and he said that he believes so.

BTW, If one of you think guys think about it would you please ask Norm if he thinks they could be plastic chromed plated?

Along w/buggin him to make matching GXP recessed driving lights/turn signal grills.:devil:

2007 GXP-R SEMA show car

·
Registered
976 Posts
last time I read something about these I THINK you had to trim your original grilles to fit the recessed frame. is this true?

if so, I REALLY don't want to cut-up/trim my grilles

Bill

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
last time I read something about these I THINK you had to trim your original grilles to fit the recessed frame. is this true?

if so, I REALLY don't want to cut-up/trim my grilles

Bill
Hello Bill, you can use any grill material you want from EBay the material on EBay does not look as nice as the factory grill nor does it have the curvature, or Race Mesh for example. I chose to reuse the stock grilles as for one you have them already so no extra cost and they look like factory when done. Yes you need to trim the outside edge off which is not hard to do as its rather soft plastic urethane. Since the forward area is larger than the rear area, you couldn't get both the frame and grille through the bumper opening. Personally I think it's a win win for all. Plus there is no drilling into your bumper required either. Thanks from Norm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCG-UNIVERSAL-6-x-36-PERF-HEXAGON-ALUMINUM-GRILL-MESH-SHEET-BLACK-POWDER-COAT-/130736338092?hash=item1e707e34ac:g:8QoAAOSw3YNXat-h&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hello Bill, you can use any grill material you want from EBay the material on EBay does not look as nice as the factory grill nor does it have the curvature, or Race Mesh for example. I chose to reuse the stock grilles as for one you have them already so no extra cost and they look like factory when done. Yes you need to trim the outside edge off which is not hard to do as its rather soft plastic urethane. Since the forward area is larger than the rear area, you couldn't get both the frame and grille through the bumper opening. Personally I think it's a win win for all. Plus there is no drilling into your bumper required either. Thanks from Norm
CCG UNIVERSAL 6" x 36" PERF HEXAGON ALUMINUM GRILL MESH SHEET BLACK POWDER COAT | eBay

thank you, I prefer not to modify my grilles but want the factory look. where can I buy new or used grilles to use?

if new, what is the part # for the silver and the black?

Bill

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
thank you, I prefer not to modify my grilles but want the factory look. where can I buy new or used grilles to use?

if new, what is the part # for the silver and the black?

Bill
Hello Bill, quick EBay search for new ones, Im sure there are members and salvage yards who have them even cheaper. NA and GXP grilles are the same except for color, but there easy to paint. Its the shape of the NA GXP bumpers that are different. If you look closely at a GXP stock bumper you can see the OEM dont fit well have a shelf at the bottom. Thats why I needed to make separate molds for each NA and GXP which is of course more cost involved. GM cheaped out (don't blame them) and reused the NAs. Thanks from Norm

NEW OEM GM LEFT SIDE LH RADIATOR GRILLE 2007-2010 PONTIAC SOLSTICE GXP #15265487 | eBay

·
Registered
976 Posts
again, thank you

interesting that the bumpers are different but the grilles are the same; but I guess they have more 'stuff' to hide behind a GXP bumper....

anyway, mine is a silver NA that I've already changed the grilles to the black GXP grilles in order to provide some contrast to the frontend.

Bill

·
Super Moderator
16,150 Posts
The challenge with the stock grilles is they fade over time. This is why many of us have painted them to maintain the new look.

Grilles are readily available so you can easily pick up a recycled set to modify, paint them the color of your choice and retain your factory issue grilles for posterity I that is your wish.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Norm,
is this something that could be done in carbon fiber? Would go very well with the carbon fiber inner fenders
Wait what... Carbon Fiber inner fenders....

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Not yet I'm going to finish my truck first then I'll look into buying another one. I just lurk here now

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Norm got in to Lexington in the middle of the night Wednesday. As agreed and directed by Norm I was at his truck at 7am. He staggered out and went to work. Here is the old and the new side by side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Here they are. I am thrilled. They look incredible. Thank you Norm!!!! Will get more pics out of the sunlight shortly.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 104 Posts