Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I noticed the my HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump for all the new owners) was excessively noisy! It was probably about 3x louder then I've ever heard it. I actually thought I had a valve stuck at first it was so loud. Even after the initial pressurization (where it ticks really, really fast) it was like I had an old fashioned clock sitting on my dash in front of me...tick...tick....tick. I used my Torque to look at fuel pressure and it looked good. But I did notice that my cat didn't warm up like it has in the past (about 290 degrees centigrade, it's usually around 400+ at idle) until I started driving. And the a/f mix was a little high...about 24 when cruising and about 14.5 when idling. Should I be worried about my HPFP? Was it a sign of things to come?

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
Was it cold out? I noticed the HPFP gets much louder in the winter. Not sure if the cold affects the pump, or just the body of the car - making it transmit the sound better.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Torque app said it was -7C which is about 20F... So yeah, it was cold. But I've been driving it when the roads aren't wet or snowy. And I've never thought it to be as loud as it was yesterday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.